[AISWorld] Request for participation in an online research

Tsvi Kuflik tsvikak at is.haifa.ac.il
Thu Jan 21 00:37:02 EST 2010

Hello,

In a research on the topic of "News Recommendation based on Social
Networking Profiles", I am currently conducting an experiment and in need
for participants.

The participants are reqested to browse http://www.crowdlogics.com
<http://www.crowdlogics.com/>  and approve its connection to Facebook (the
authorization to the social network is performed directly and blind to the
site).

After connecting to the social network and short processing period,
summaries of recently published news items will be shown to the user with
voting buttons next to them.

Please tag the news items by how interesting you found them to be (Green –
Interesting, Red – Not interesting), you may leave some items untagged.

That's All.

This experiment has been approved by the University of Haifa Ethics
Committee (009-05) and is conducted under the supervision of the Computer
Science Faculty and Information Management Faculty.

The information gathered will not contain any personal identification
details and will only be used for this research and its purposes.

Comments and suggestions will be gladly accepted at a.tiroshi at gmail.com.

Thank you for your participation!

The request was sent on behalf of my student,

Amit Tiroshi

Tsvika

Tsvi Kuflik, PhD.

  Senior Lecturer