[AISWorld] Call For Papers: e-HiSec 2010

Zanifa Omary zanifa.omary at student.dit.ie
Fri Feb 12 06:58:25 EST 2010

     We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this call

	    	                CALL FOR PAPERS

   The Second Workshop in e-Healthcare Information Security
                          (e-HISec 2010)
	   http://www.comp.dit.ie/e-hisec2010

In conjuction with The International Conference on Information
                               Society (I-Society 2010)
                               June 28-30, 2010,
                                   London, UK
                              http://www.i-society.eu/
This workshop will bring together researchers and industry participants
who are involved either in the design, development, and implementation
of novel secure e-Healthcare  Information Systems or in the research
that addresses the key questions in the enhancement of privacy and
securing of e-Healthcare information. We expect the works  to be
presented in this workshop to address security and privacy problems and
solutions that can be used
in distributed and heterogeneous computer systems as well as in mobile
devices, which will characterise the emerging e-Healthcare environment.

In the recent years substantial budgets have been and are being
committed towards e-Healthcare. For example, as part of the stimulus
package the Obama administration is going to
spend 19 Billion dollars in Healthcare. A significant part of this
budget will be spent on making sure that all Americans have
e-Healthcare records by 2014. The move towards e-Health-
care is envisaged to reduce the cost of provision of healthcare,
improve quality of care and reduce medical errors. Despite all these
advantages the security concerns are real and going
to increase as the rate we digitise information and use the web. Major
security issues include patient privacy, trust, and quality-assurance.
Security concerns are affecting the adoption
rate and usage of these e-Healthcare systems. Unless deliberate efforts
are taken to secure these systems from design to implementation most of
the development achieved to date may not
be realised and rolled out to the real world.

The security and privacy issues in e-Healthcare Information Systems
that are covered in this workshop are also becoming important now in
digital information management in general. These issues will also have
significant effect in other emerging application areas such as cloud
computing.

We welcome original, high-quality research contributions that advance
the state-of-the-art in the design, development, deployment, evaluation
and understanding of secure e-Healthcare
Information Systems.

TOPICS OF INTEREST INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:

* Security in e-Healthcare Information Systems
* Privacy concerns in e-Healthcare Information Systems.
* Trust concerns in e-Healthcare Information Systems.
* Design principles of secure context-aware e-Healthcare Information
Systems.
* How security addresses the legal and ethical issues in emerging
e-Healthcare Information
  Systems?
* Frameworks for evaluation of e-Healthcare Systems
* Security and privacy standards for e-Healthcare Information Systems
* Tools and techniques for designing, developing, implementing, and
evaluating e-Healthcare
  Information Systems.
* Challenges in building secure e-Healthcare Information Systems.
* Impact and incorporation of legal aspects in security and privacy of
e-Healthcare Information
  systems

IMPORTANT DATES
===================

Paper submission deadline: March 10, 2010
Notification of Paper acceptance: March 15, 2010
Camera-ready paper submission: March 31, 2010

SUBMISSION DETAILS
==========================

We encourage submissions from researchers and practitioners from
academia and industry. All
are invited to submit papers limited to 6 pages in the format provided
at the conference web
page http://www.i-society.eu/Paper_Submission.html, describing original
work or a position paper.
Participants will be selected based on their submissions; a selection
of papers will be presented
at the workshop. Proceedings of all I-Society 2010 workshops are to be
published and will be
distributed at the I-Society 2010 conference in London.

Paper must be submitted electronically to Fredrick.Mtenzi at dit.ie. All
papers will be fully refereed
by at least two referees and before final acceptance all referees
comments must be considered. The
required formats of the paper are available on the conference website,
http://www.i-society.eu/

Authors of accepted papers will be expected to present their work at
the workshop. All attendees
must register for the I-Society 2010 conference.

WORKSHOP COMMITTEES
======================

Program Co-Chairs
-----------------------------

Fredrick Mtenzi, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
Kudakwashe Dube, Massey University, New Zealand

Program Committee
-----------------------------

Laurence T. Yang, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
Ion Tutanescu, University of Pitesti, Romania
Maaruf Ali, Oxford Brookes University, UK
Emmanuel Mkusa, Namibia University, Namibia
Tom Dowling, Claude Shannon Institute, Ireland
Ali Al-Dahoud, Al-Zaytoonah University, Jordan
Juanita Fernando, Monash University, Australia
George S. Oreku, Tanzania Industrial Research and Development
Organisation, Tanzania
Zanifa Omary, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
Rose Tinabo, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
Said Jafari, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland

ENQUIRIES
=========

Dr. Fredrick Japhet Mtenzi
Fredrick.Mtenz1 at dit.ie