[AISWorld] System Analysis cases

Jerry Flatto jflatto at comcast.net
Mon Apr 12 19:55:43 EDT 2010

I have been teaching undergraduate System Analysis and Design classes for
many years.  As I look at another round of revamping my classes for the fall
semester, I am looking for some recommendations.

I am currently using Ashrafi and Ashrafi; Object-Oriented Systems Analysis
and Design in my class and have been very happy with the book. It does a
better job than many books I have used at connecting the "dots together" and
includes a number of examples and comments that demonstrates the author's
have a firm grasp of the realities associated with system development as
well as teaching it.  The book also closes the gap between information
gathering and the developing of the use cases by explaining an approach that
provides an organized methodology to consolidate the interviews,
questionnaires, observation, etc. into a format that can be used to develop
Use Cases.

What I am looking for are sources for cases to use in my class.  While
various SA & D textbooks come with some bundled cases, I am wondering if
people know of other sources for potential cases that I can use in my class.
This can include books, web sites, etc.  Alternately, if folks have
recommendations on how I can create my own SA &D cases that would be
appreciated.

I will be happy to share whatever information I receive.  If you would like
to receive a summary of any responses I receive, please let me know.

Thanks.

Jerry

"No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a large
number
of electrons were slightly inconvenienced..."

Dr. Jerry Flatto, Associate Professor,
Information Systems Department - School of Business, University of
Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA mailto:jflatto at pobox.com