[AISWorld] Pre-ICIS BI Congress II Event - Call for Research and Teaching Submissions

Wixom, Barbara bwixom at virginia.edu
Fri Jun 25 09:08:20 EDT 2010

SIGDSS and Teradata University Network (TUN) will host the 2010 Pre-ICIS Business Intelligence Congress II (http://www2.commerce.virginia.edu/bicongress/index.asp)

The 2010 BI Congress II will bring together the academic and practitioner thought leaders around BI/Analytics research and teaching. Join academic professionals and industry representatives who share a common passion for research and education innovation in the field of business intelligence and analytics. In the spirit of open innovation, learn from, contribute your knowledge to, and brainstorm with key industry and academic movers and shakers in BI!

We have begun accepting submissions for research-in-progress and high quality pedagogy. See http://www2.commerce.virginia.edu/bicongress/ for more information. All accepted research and teaching submissions will be published in the BI Congress II Proceedings.

The theme of this year's BI Congress is "Gateway to the Future of Analytics." Plan to be a part of this unique event. Mark your calendars for tutorial sessions and the social on the evening of December 11th and a full day of presentations, keynotes and panels on December 12th. Futurist Thornton May, author of "The New Know," will be featured as our keynote speaker. See you in St. Louis!

And, we send a very special thank you to Teradata, IBM, Deloitte, SAS, and all of the sponsors of the BI Congress II!

Important Dates:

Submission due date: September 1, 2010.
Registration opens with ICIS registration.
Acceptance notification: October 1, 2010.
Final papers due: November 1, 2010.
BI Congress: December 11 (afternoon tutorials and evening social event) & December 12 (papers, panels and keynote).

Kindly visit http://www2.commerce.virginia.edu/bicongress/ for submission guidelines, program details, and registration instructions.

Barbara Wixom and Gloria Phillips-Wren
BI Congress Co-Chairs, 2010
http://www2.commerce.virginia.edu/bicongress/