[AISWorld] Online Book Announcement (v 1.1 Update)

John Gallaugher john.gallaugher at bc.edu
Fri Jul 23 16:39:26 EDT 2010

Just a quick note to say that v. 1.1 of "Information Systems: A Manager's Guide to Harnessing Technology" is now online at:
http://www.flatworldknowledge.com/pub/1.0/information-systems-manager%E2%80%99s-/206326#web-206326

The text continues to be available free, online.  The new version includes updates (finished June '10) on all cases (Facebook, Google, Netflix, Zara), as well as a refresh of data in most chapters, a significantly updated Social Media chapter, and several new managerial intro chapters, including coverage of Information Security, Internet & Telecom Infrastructure, and more.

Flat World Knowledge will continue to offer low-cost print versions of the text (starting at $29.95), and desk copies can be requested at:
http://www.flatworldknowledge.com/node/206321?
or by contacting Jenn Yee, jenn at flatworldknowledge.com.

Links to PowerPoint slides, exercises, podcasts, and other material I've used when teaching with this text can be found at:
http://gallaugher.com/chapters (again, apologies for vanity URL). Feel free to leverage as you'd like.

Over 100 faculty have officially adopted the text, and many times more are using select chapters.  Thanks to all who have supported the project - I've greatly enjoyed hearing from you.  Do feel free to share with others.
Best,
John
--
John Gallaugher, Ph.D.
Carroll School of Management - Boston College
E-mail: john.gallaugher at bc.edu
http://www.gallaugher.com  - http://twitter.com/gallaugher
Phone: 617-552-2519 / Fax: 617-552-0433