[AISWorld] 2010 WITS Call For Papers and submission instructions

Patterson, Ray RayP at bus.ualberta.ca
Wed Jul 28 23:24:00 EDT 2010

Below please find the 2010 WITS Call For Papers and submission instructions.

Call for Papers: 2010 WITS in St. Louis, MO on December 11-12, 2010

Conference URL: http://apps.business.ualberta.ca/wits/

The 20th Annual Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems will be held in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, on December 11-12, 2010, just prior to the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS). The purpose of the workshop is to provide a forum for discussion and interaction among scholars with research
interests in the cutting edge issues of information technology and systems. The theme of the conference will be  "Creating Value Through Collaboration".

>From a business perspective, information technology is consistently a major driving factor behind the biggest threats and the biggest opportunities an organization faces.  As technology and software become more commoditized, the challenge is to create superior value though innovative use of technology.  Collaboration holds the promise to improve efficiency and effectiveness, and IT is the key enabler of this revolution.  The objective is to simultaneously create a sustainable competitive advantage and lower costs.  Collaborative IT innovations currently center on such themes as social networking, knowledge management, and service-oriented technologies.  Within these broad classes of technologies, we find both established and emerging fields of study.  Since it is a workshop, WITS actively solicits papers describing novel research ideas that may be at a relatively early stage of development.  Thus, the conference theme is inclusive and engages research in a wide range of topics, including the following:

*         Access Control and Security Techniques

*         Agent‐based Systems and Modeling

*         Agile System Development

*         Autonomous Computing

*         Collaboration Systems

*         Component‐based Systems

*         Conceptual Modeling

*         Databases and Information Integration

*         Data, Text and Web Mining

*         Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence

*         Distributed Computing

*         E‐Business and E‐Commerce

*         Emerging Technologies

*         Enterprise Resource Planning and Enterprise Application Integration

*         Enterprise Systems and Architecture

*         Human‐Computer Interface

*         Information Personalization Technology

*         Information Quality, Privacy, and Security

*         Intellectual Property Protection

*         Intelligent Systems and Technologies

*         Knowledge Management Technologies

*         Mobile Commerce and Wireless Technologies

*         Multi‐Media Computing

*         Object Technologies and Methodologies

*         Peer‐to‐peer Technologies

*         Process Management and Mining

*         Resource and Organizational Modeling

*         Search Engines

*         Semantic Web

*         Service‐Oriented Architecture and Web Services

*         Services Science

*         Social Computing and Web 2.0 Technologies

*         Supply Chains and IT

*         Systems Analysis and Design

*         Systems to Support Collaboration and Negotiation

*         IT Infrastructure for Evolving Business Models

*         Web‐based Information Systems

*         Workflow Management Systems

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Submitted research papers are limited to 6 single-spaced, Times New Roman,
12-point font, 8.5" by 11" pages (including tables, figures, and references and 1" margins on all sides).  Submission formats are limited to Word and PDF.  All submissions will be subject to double blind review.  Selection for presentation at the workshop and publication in the proceedings will be based on originality, contribution to the field, and workshop interest.

Submissions must be sent in electronic form using the WITS 2010 submission
system at: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wits2010

Prototypes, demos, and instructional technology submissions should be submitted through the electronic submission system using the same guidelines as for research papers.  These submissions could include links to any associated software or demo.

JOURNAL PUBLICATION OPPORTUNITIES
Authors of selected research papers will be invited to submit complete versions of their work for review and possible publication in three journals, based on fit with the journal scope as follows:

1.                      Information Technology and Management (ITM):  Manuscripts concerning the man/machine interface, human factors, and organizational issues, as well as managerial and strategic issues that arise from the management of information technology.

2.                      ACM Transaction on Management Information Systems (ACM TMIS): Manuscripts focused on system and design science research.

3.                      The Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS):  Manuscripts where the applied method or methodology is inherently related to ongoing theory formulation or validation.

We estimate that there will be approximately 3 papers nominated for fast tracking with each journal.  In addition, all accepted papers will be published on SSRN.

IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for paper submissions: August 9, 2010.
Notification of acceptance: September 27, 2010.
Prototypes, demos, and instructional technology submissions: October 11, 2010.
Notice of acceptance for prototypes, demos, and instructional technology: October 18, 2010.
Camera-ready copy due: October 25, 2010.

WORKSHOP & PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
Ray Patterson (ray.patterson at ualberta.ca<mailto:ray.patterson at ualberta.ca>), University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
Erik Rolland (erik.rolland at ucr.edu<mailto:erik.rolland at ucr.edu>), University of California, Riverside, CA, USA.

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CHAIR
Dinesh Mirchandani       (mirchandanid at msx.umsl.edu<mailto:mirchandanid at msx.umsl.edu>), University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, MO.

LOCAL ASSISTANCE CHAIR
Mark Gaynor (mgaynor at bu.edu<mailto:mgaynor at bu.edu>), St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO.

PROTOTYPE DEMO CHAIR:
Gediminas (Gedas) Adomavicius (gedas at umn.edu<mailto:gedas at umn.edu>), University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.

INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY CHAIR:
Ram Gopal (Ram.Gopal at business.uconn.edu<mailto:Ram.Gopal at business.uconn.edu>), University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT.

PROGRAM LIAISONS:

Europe:
Matti Rossi (Matti.Rossi at hse.fi<mailto:Matti.Rossi at hse.fi>), Helsinki School of Economics, Helsinki, Finland.
Nicolas Prat (prat at essec.fr<mailto:prat at essec.fr>), ESSEC Business School, Paris, France.

Asia:
Rahul Roy (rahul at iimcal.ac.in<mailto:rahul at iimcal.ac.in>), IIM Calcutta, Calcutta, India.
Liwen Hou (lwsjtu at gmail.com<mailto:lwsjtu at gmail.com>), Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China.
Vijay Sethi (avsethi at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:avsethi at ntu.edu.sg>), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Lihua Huang (lhhuang at fudan.edu.cn<mailto:lhhuang at fudan.edu.cn>), Fudan University             , Shanghai, China.
Steven Miller (stevenmiller at smu.edu.sg<mailto:stevenmiller at smu.edu.sg>), Singapore Management University, Singapore.

Latin America:
Paulo Goes (pgoes at eller.arizona.edu<mailto:pgoes at eller.arizona.edu>), University of Arizona. Tucson, AZ.

Australia:
Joshua Fan (joshua at uow.edu.au<mailto:joshua at uow.edu.au>), University of Wollongong, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia.
Fiona Rohde (F.Rohde at business.uq.edu.au<mailto:F.Rohde at business.uq.edu.au>), University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Sincerely,

Ray Patterson and Erik Rolland
Co-Chairs, WITS 2010
Raymond A. Patterson, Ph.D.
The Alberta School of Business Fellow in Management Information Systems
Associate Professor of Management Information Systems
Department of Accounting and MIS
3-21E Business Building
Alberta School of Business
University of Alberta