[AISWorld] Software Theories ?

Abhi Jain ajain at nmu.edu
Sat Jul 31 19:45:13 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm looking for:

1) Theories related to software choice (e.g., why do people use open vs.
proprietary, mass vs. custom, in-house vs. outsourced).
2) Theories related to software in general. Anything and everything to do
with software.

Note, I'm looking for "theories" (e.g. transaction cost theory). Not looking
studies of whether it's cheaper to use open vs. proprietary, etc.

Please send your replies directly back to me. Everyone who sends me a reply,
and anyone else who requests it -- I will collate all the responses into an
email and send it to you.

My email address is ajain at nmu.edu (or hit reply on this email).

Thanks,

- Abhi Jain

Assistant Professor -- Computer Information Studies
College of Business, Northern Michigan University