[AISWorld] CFC: forthcoming book on IS/SwE Research Methods

Manuel Mora T. mmora at securenym.net
Thu Sep 23 13:32:13 EDT 2010

Call for Chapters: Book on “Research Methodologies in Engineering of
Software Systems and Information Systems: Philosophies, Methods and
Innovations”
BOOK AIMS
This book pursues three aims:  (i) to advance our scientific knowledge on
the diverse research approaches used in Engineering of Software Systems
and Information Systems, (ii) to update and integrate disperse and
valuable knowledge on research approaches isolated in each discipline, and
(iii) to make available to research faculty a repertory of such research
approaches in a single source.
PROSPECTIVE AUDIENCE
This book is projected to attend the following academic and research
international audiences: •Research-oriented faculty in Engineering of
Software Systems and Information Systems disciplines. •PhD Students on in
Engineering of Software Systems and Information Systems disciplines.
•Instructors of graduate Research Methods courses on Engineering of
Software Systems and Information Systems disciplines.
TENTATIVE TABLE OF CONTENTS
This book will be organized as follows:

I.	Philosophical Foundations on Research Approaches on SE, SwE and IS.
I.1	On Philosophy of Science (case for SE, SwE and IS).
I.2  	On Philosophical Stances (Positivist, Interpretative, Critical,
Transcendental Realism, Systemic-Holistic).
I.3	Description and Comparison of Particular Philosophical Stances.
I.4	On Conceptual and Empirical Research Cycles.

II.	Classic Research Approaches on SE, SwE and IS.
II.1	Classic Conceptual Approaches (Conceptual Analysis, Literature Review
(State of the Art), Tutorial Review, Simulation, Mathematical Proofs,
Meta-Analysis).
II.2 	Classic Empirical Approaches (Survey, Experimental, Field Study,
Case Study, Historical Method, Ethnography, Grounded Data Theory,
Engineering Method, Classic Systems Approach).
II.3	Classic Data Collecting,  Analysis and Validation Procedures and
Techniques (Quantitative, Qualitative, Hybrid).

III.	Modern Research Approaches on SE, SwE and IS.
III.1	Modern Conceptual Approaches (Conceptual Design, Conceptual
Behavioral Analysis, Systems Dynamics)
III.2 	Modern Empirical Approaches (Empirical Design, Behavioral Design,
Modern Systems Approach, Soft Systems Approach, Action Research,
Multi-methodologies)
III.3	Modern Data Collecting,  Analysis and Validation Techniques
(Quantitative, Qualitative, Hybrid).
III.4	Conclusions on Research Approaches: advances and challenges.
SUBMISSION DEADLINES

- Deadline for first chapter submission is: November 30, 2010
- Deadline for chapter editorial first decision is: January 31, 2011
- Deadline for second (for conditioned chapters) submission is: March 31,
2011
- Deadline for chapter editorial final decision is: May 15,  2011
- Deadline for camera-ready versions is: July 1st, 2011
- Book publishing release is : January 2012
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Full chapters must be submitted before or on November 30, 2010 to guest
editors: Dr. Manuel Mora at dr.manuel.mora.uaa at gmail.com (with copy to
Professor Annette Steenkamp at asteenkam at ltu.edu). Manuscripts must be in
English language. The author’s name should not be included anywhere in the
manuscript, except on the cover page. Guidelines for chapters are
attached. Chapter format guideline is available upon request to guest
editors. 2. Guest editors will assign three reviewers and will collect
editorial recommendations to extend a final editorial decision on the
following: (i) full chapter is accepted as is, (ii) full chapter is
accepted subject to minor changes), (iii) full chapter is  rejected due to
inadequate academic quality, before or on January 31, 2011. 3. Authors of
accepted chapters must submit the camera-ready chapter version and other
related materials before or on May 15, 2011. Accepted chapters with minor
corrections are expected to be updated by incorporating the main concerns
identified by reviewers.
EDITORIAL ADVISORY AND REVIEW BOARD

A set of 15 recognized senior experts from USA, Canada and European
countries has been already contacted.
GUEST EDITORS

Dr. Manuel Mora, Autonomous University of Aguascalientes (UAA), Mexico
Dr. Ovsei Gelman-Muravchik, CCADET-UNAM, México,
Dr. Annette Lerine Steenkamp, Lawrence Technological University, USA
PUBLISHER
IGI Global
Hershey, PA, USA