[AISWorld] Position announcement - Assistant Professor (tenure-track) in IS at the University of Florida

Subhajyoti Bandyopadhyay shubho.bandyopadhyay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 11:39:45 EDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Information Systems and Operations Management (ISOM) at
the University of Florida is inviting applications for one tenure-track
Assistant Professor position in Information Systems starting August 2011. We
are looking to identify individuals with outstanding potential for
excellence in research and teaching. Preference will be given to candidates
who adopt computer science, economics, and/or operations research as
referencing disciplines in Information Systems research. At a minimum,
candidates will be required to have a Ph.D. in Information Systems (or a
related field) by August 2011 and demonstrated research and teaching in the
area. We also encourage candidates who have several years of experience
after completing their Ph.D. to apply for the position.

Our department currently offers undergraduate, masters and Ph.D. programs in
ISOM and we are currently the fastest growing department in the Warrington
College. The faculty members in our department are well known researchers
with interests in Information Systems, Operations Management, Management
Science, and Decision Theory. We encourage potential candidates to access
the department web site at www.warrington.ufl.edu/isom to obtain more
information about the individual faculty and their research interests.

Our representatives will be attending the INFORMS Conference in Austin
(November 7-10, 2010) and the annual ICIS Conference in St. Louis (December
12-15, 2010). Interested applicants are required to apply after registering
within the University of Florida Jobs website at the following URL:
jobs.ufl.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=66000 (this is the ONLY way that
the University of Florida accepts applications). Please upload the
following: (a) a cover letter with a curriculum vita, (b) three letters of
recommendation; (c) official transcripts; (d) samples of current research,
and (e) teaching evaluations (if available).

We will accept applications through January 3, 2011. The selection process
will be conducted under the provisions of Florida's Government in the
Sunshine and Public Records Laws. The University of Florida is an equal
opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position.

Subhajyoti Bandyopadhyay
Department of ISOM
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL