[AISWorld] Seeking Earliest Computers in Business Programs

Gary Templeton GTempleton at cobilan.msstate.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:04:57 EDT 2010

AIS Colleagues,
I have received exactly zero responses from my earlier post requesting information about early 'computers-in-business' degree programs. Therefore, there is only one school I know about - my own. The MSU undergraduate program called "Business Statistics and Data Processing" started in 1966. I suspect that several undergraduate programs started before this date. If you know of any, please let me know at gtempleton at cobilan.msstate.edu.

In addition, please send information about early masters and PhD degree programs housed in a college of business (industry, management, etc.) emphasizing computers (data processing, information systems, etc.) as a part of the degree name.

I will post the earliest schools I learn about in this process.

Thanks,
Gary

______________________________________
Dr. Gary Templeton
Associate Professor of MIS
Management & Information Systems Department
P.O. Box 9581
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Office: (662) 325-1956
Dept: (662) 325-3928