[AISWorld] Another distinguished scientist speaks out about "the global warming scam"

Kappelman, Leon Leon.Kappelman at unt.edu
Tue Oct 19 00:40:57 EDT 2010

The distinguished career of Harold Lewis, Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of California at Santa Barbara, also includes serving as a former member Defense Science Board (DSB), chairman of the DSB study on Nuclear Winter, former member of the President's Nuclear Safety Oversight Committee; Chairman APS study on Nuclear Reactor Safety, Chairman Risk Assessment Review Group, and former member USAF Scientific Advisory Board.  He recently resigned with the letter below from the American Physical Society (APS) after 67 years of membership, including serving as its chairman and as a fellow of the society.  His reason, "the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave.  It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist.  Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare.  (Montford's book organizes the facts very well.)  I don't believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion.  I would almost make that revulsion a definition of the word scientist" [emphasis mine].  The entirety of his resignation letter can be found at http://courses.unt.edu/kappelman/blog/ along with references to hundreds of other scientists who also contest the theory of CO2 from humans (or any source) causing climate change to any meaningful degree.
Like I tell my students, "Question everything, study the facts, and make up your own mind about this and everything else."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" - Voltaire