[AISWorld] Prof. Ritu Agarwal -- New EIC Of ISR effective Jan 2011

Ramayya Krishnan rk2x at cmu.edu
Fri Oct 22 17:34:21 EDT 2010

Please join me in congratulating Prof. Ritu Agarwal of the University of
Maryland who will succeed Prof. Sambamurthy as the next Editor in Chief of
Information Systems Research (effective Jan 1, 2011).

The selection process benefited from the valuable contributions of a large
number of individuals. I would like to extend my many thanks and
appreciation to:

.       The members of the community at large who have been very giving of
their time in helping with this selection process,

.        The junior faculty panel members consisting of Sinan Aral (NYU,)
Sharon Tan (NUS), and Zan Huang (Penn State) for interviewing the candidates
and providing assessments from their perspectives,

.       My colleagues Izak Benbasat, Prabuddha De and Sandra Slaughter and
to the colleagues from INFORMS Joe Geunes and Candi Gerzevitz who served on
the committee with me,

.       The candidates whom we interviewed for their willingness to spend
time with the committee in order to convey their ideas for making
Information Systems Research an even stronger journal that will better serve
the needs of its many constituencies.

On behalf of the Information Systems Research community I would like to
thank Ritu for her willingness to assume this important responsibility and
wish her the best for success as our new Editor in Chief.

Ramayya Krishnan, Chair, ISR EIC Search Committee

Ramayya Krishnan

Dean, Heinz College

School of Information Systems and Management

School of Public Policy and Management

Carnegie Mellon University

http://www.heinz.cmu.edu