[AISWorld] Announcing SIGGIS – Special Interest Group on Geographic Information Systems

Daniel Farkas dfarkas at pace.edu
Tue Oct 26 14:29:00 EDT 2010

Hi,

We’re delighted to announce that AIS has just approved the formation of a
new Special Interest Group on Geographic Information Systems (SIGGIS)

.

GIS is increasingly becoming a component in enterprise management and
decision making. Given its explosive growth globally and across many
sectors, the mission of SIGGIS will be to bring together Information Systems
educators, researchers and practitioners to provide a forum for sharing
ideas, creating curriculum and exploring new avenues of investigation.

We’re just getting started.  If you want to join our founding group to get
involved or stay informed of our organizing activities, please send me an
email.  If you are attending ICIS, look for a note about an informal
organizational meeting.

Dan Farkas

Namchul Shin

--
Dan Farkas, PhD
Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems

Email: dfarkas at pace.edu