[AISWorld] Seeking authors for Business Expert Press

Daniel Power daniel.power at uni.edu
Mon Nov 1 13:59:33 EDT 2010

Hello fellow AIS members--

I serve as the Information Systems collection editor at Business Expert
Press (http://www.businessexpertpress.com). We have recently published
Sue Conger's book Process Mapping and Management in the collection. Last
fall we published my book Decision Support Basics.

Business Expert Press books are targeted to executives and MBA students.
Books are in paperback format or as ebooks.  We published our first
digital library collection of 50 books in July 2010. In addition to
Information Systems we have books in International Business, Strategic
Management, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Communications, Financial
Accounting, Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior.

If you are writing an applied book targeted to executives in the field
of Information Systems, we are interested in hearing from you. I'll work
with you to focus the work in a concise and applied direction.

Please note: Because we are not a journal or textbook publisher, we will
not ask you to remove all opinion from your work. We do need you to
produce academically reliable, instruction-oriented content that
includes your insight and opinion. The target length of your book should
be 32,000 to 70,000 words.

Dan Power
University of Northern Iowa and DSSResources.com
daniel.power at uni.edu

Book Proposal Requirements

1) Please begin with an abstract and a sampling of key words you
anticipate in your offering. Your abstract should state what the subject
is; who the audience is, why your topic is important and how the reader
will benefit (think back cover marketing copy). This should not exceed
half a page.

2) Prepare a page or less on your unique preparation to author on this
topic. Specifically, highlight key accomplishments in your academic and
professional career that qualify you as an expert authority on this subject.

3) Please provide a prospective submission date. Keep in mind we
understand you are busy and prefer a realistic timeline over a rushed
submission.

4) Provide a proposed table-of-contents with sub-heads down to the third
level if necessary.

5) Provide an estimate of the number of copies you will use yearly in
your executive teaching and/or consulting practice.