[AISWorld] "Basket" of IS journals - quick survey (reminder)

Galletta, Dennis galletta at katz.pitt.edu
Thu Nov 11 15:02:44 EST 2010

This is the only reminder I'll send to please click the link http://katz.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1EMmsdFiS36qP1a to respond to my very short survey of the Senior Scholars' "Basket" of IS journals to let your voice be heard. There are exactly 300 responses to date, but all written comments are being captured. In the survey, you can optionally insert your email address to receive a holiday present-a copy of the spreadsheet with IP addresses and emails omitted but comments intact. Sometimes one terrific comment in a sea of responses can really influence a community.

Also please note that since my original request (reproduced below) I have been invited to collaborate on a study that might use these results. So the goal is no longer only to provide some interesting material for my panel presentation at ICIS. Note that if you missed this the first time, the survey does not ask you to rate or rank the journals themselves. The main focus is on the usefulness of the "basket" (or lack thereof).

To those of you who responded and who will respond, thanks very much! See you in St. Louis!

DG

Original invitation:

In December [at ICIS], I will serve on a Senior Scholars panel that addresses the "Basket" of AIS journals. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, please refer to a statement on the AIS page at this link: http://home.aisnet.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=346

In preparing for that role, I wish to collect some information that I can present to the ICIS community at the panel discussion. The Senior Scholars are very interested in your opinions. Please answer honestly and freely.

This questionnaire is rather short and is not a popularity contest for particular journals. In fact, no particular journals are named at all; the goal is merely to assess the perceived usefulness of the Basket of IS journals itself.

The short questionnaire can be found at http://katz.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1EMmsdFiS36qP1a

I hope to have a substantial representation of our community of thousands! Please click above and make sure your views are represented.

DG

Dennis F. Galletta                      Professor of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh                    Katz Graduate School of Business
342 Mervis Hall                                        Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Phone +1 412-648-1699                                    Fax +1 412-648-1693
E-mail: galletta @                                         homepage:
        katz.pitt.edu                                 www.pitt.edu/~galletta<http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta>