[AISWorld] 24th Bled eConference 2011 - Call for Papers

Andreja.Pucihar at fov.uni-mb.si Andreja.Pucihar at fov.uni-mb.si
Wed Nov 17 05:53:58 EST 2010

Please apologize cross postings
***************************************
CALL FOR PAPERS for the

24th Bled eConference:
eFuture: Creating Solutions for the Individual, Organisations and Society
June 12 - 15, 2011, Bled, Slovenia
http://BledConference.org

The theme for this year’s conference eFuture: Creating Solutions for the
Individual, Organisations and Society serves to focus discourse and
discussion on the impacts of our e-initiatives and how they serve to shape
the New eWorld. Especially in the light of the recent global down turn,
the future is indeed very challenging making the need for appropriate and
suitable e-initiatives and e-solutions for individuals, organizations and
societies an imperative. As emerging digital environments generate new
ways of communication and interaction between individuals, organizations
and societies we need to examine structures, processes and operations to
ensure we are migrating to a more reliable eWorld. New eResponsiblities
have to be taken by business, governments and individuals of this Brave
New eWorld in order to contend with emerging eRisks and eChallenges.
Moreover, it is essential that managers, politicians, employees, and
citizens take actions at both the macro and the micro level so that
discourse and discussion focuses on designing suitable organizational
configurations, effective and effi-cient processes, new kinds of products
and services, and necessary infrastructures and technologies in short we
need the correct eSolutions so that the eFuture is indeed bright.

Research papers addressing the conference theme should be original,
unpublished elsewhere and no longer than 5,000 words. Detailed information
about electronic submission and other issues will be available on the
Conference web site.

All accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings on the
web and on CDs (with ISBN and CIP number). Since 2001 Research Papers are
available also in AIS Electronic Library and since 2008 in Conference
Proceedings Citation Index -- an integrated index within Web of Science®.

Each year, authors of selected papers are invited to submit enhanced
versions for consideration for a Special Section in Electronic Markets -
The International Journal on Networked Business (
http://www.electronicmarkets.org/ ). Electronic Markets is a fully
double-blind reviewed scientific research journal and is listed in the
Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI).

Among other traditional »e« topics, this year’s conference carries four
Special Interest Tracks:
- Social Media and Web 2.0 Track Co-chair: Hans-Dieter Zimmermann, FHS St.
Gallen, Uni-versity of Applied Sci-ences, Switzerland
- eDependency Track Co-chair: Roger Clarke, Xamax Consultancy Pty Ltd. &
The Australian National University, Australia
- Cloud Computing Track Co-chair: Matjaž Jurič, Faculty of Computer and
Informa-tion Science, University of Ljubljana
- eHealth: Critical Issues in Delivering Cross-border Sustainable
Healthcare Involving Patients and Healthcare Professionals Track Co-Chair:
Juergen Seitz, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University, Germany

For additional research topics and further information please visit our
website:
http://BledConference.org

Important Dates:
Submission of Research Papers: February 1, 2011
Submission of Business Track Proposals (panels, workshops, meetings):
March 15, 2011
Notification of Acceptance: March 31, 2011
Submission of Final Papers: April 29, 2011

Looking forward to your contributions.

Best wishes.

Andreja Pucihar

Dr. Andreja Pucihar
Bled 2011 eConference Chair
http://BledConference.org
eCenter, Faculty of Organizational Sciences
University of Maribor
Kidriceva cesta 55a
4000 Kranj
Slovenia