[AISWorld] AIS SIGGIS (Geographic Information Systems) – Informal Meeting at ICIS, 12/13/2010, 6pm

Daniel Farkas dfarkas at pace.edu
Thu Dec 2 23:26:56 EST 2010

*SIGGIS – Informal Meeting at ICIS, 12/13/2010*

*
*

As already announced, we are in the organizational stages in the formation
of SIGGIS (Geographic Information Systems).  And there is a lot to do.  If
you are attending ICIS and want to find out what it is all about, we will be
meeting informally on Monday (12/13) at 6pm.  If you want to attend the
meeting, send me an email and once in St. Louis we will send out information
on where and how we will get together (it will be in the conference hotel).

GIS is increasingly becoming a component in enterprise management and
decision making. Given its explosive growth globally and across many
sectors, the mission of SIGGIS is to bring together Information Systems
educators, researchers and practitioners to provide a focus for sharing
ideas, creating curriculum and exploring new avenues of investigation.

If you aren’t attending ICIS and still want to get involved or stay informed
of our organizing activities, please let me know.

Dan Farkas (dfarkas at pace.edu)

Namchul Shin

--
Dan Farkas, PhD
Information Systems and Technology Department