[AISWorld] 20th Anniversary Special Issue of Information Systems Research

Sambamurthy, Vallabhajosyula sambamurthy at bus.msu.edu
Mon Dec 6 13:32:44 EST 2010

Colleagues:

In the next few days, you will be able to access the December issue of the Information Systems Research. Along with the regular papers, there are fifteen research commentaries to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the journal.  These articles were selected through a peer review process out of an initial list of 130 proposals and, eventually, 30 full length submissions.  The research commentaries are forward looking ideas about emerging phenomena and how the IS research community could develop significant research programs to study those phenomena.  A list of the research commentaries that are being published is available at http://www.informs.org/Pubs/ISR/Future-Issues.  I hope that these commentaries will provide meaningful guidance in our conversations and doctoral seminars.

This issue completes my term as Editor-in-Chief of the journal.  Professor Ritu Agarwal, University of Maryland, will be the new editor-in-chief from January 1, 2011.  The transition is working smoothly.  All correspondence will continue to be handled by Cindy Kindel, Managing Editor (isr at bus.msu.edu<mailto:isr at bus.msu.edu>).  I want to thank the members of the community for their support for the journal and their contributions toward strengthening its stature as a premier journal.

Cordially

Vallabh Sambamurthy
Eli Broad Professor of Information Technology
Eli Broad College of Business
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
Telephone: (517) 432-2916