[AISWorld] Call for Papers: Critical Realism in Information Systems Research -- MIS Quarterly

Jan DeGross degro003 at umn.edu
Tue Dec 7 15:48:50 EST 2010

The MIS Quarterly invites submission of unpublished, original research
for a Special Issue on Critical Realism in Information Systems Research.
Critical realism has begun to make headway within information systems
with contributions at the level of philosophy and theory, as well as
empirical studies. We invite papers that will help to establish the
relevance and utility of critical realism as an underlying philosophy
for information systems and information technology research. We do not
seek narrowly philosophical papers, but ones that are critical and
reflexive in their approach. We would particularly welcome papers that
are practical in their contribution, either in terms of developing or
explaining particular methodological approaches, or illustrating the
contribution of CR with real empirical examples. Papers must refer to
some aspect of the IS discipline, as exemplified in the traditions of
this journal.

Guest Editors:
John Mingers, Kent Business School
Alistair Mutch, Nottingham Business School
Leslie Willcocks, London School of Economics

The submission deadline for this special issue is November 1, 2011.

To view this Call for Papers, or to download a pdf copy of the call, go
to the MIS Quarterly’s web site at http://www.misq.org/