[AISWorld] Social Networking Software

Walden, Eric eric.walden at ttu.edu
Fri Jan 7 16:34:19 EST 2011

Hello All,

If you are thinking about using social media software (discussion boards, wikis, etc...) in your classes.  Nitin Aggarwal and Eric Walden have created a free online site that is very much like Facebook for an individual classes.  It lets students answer each other's questions, create polls, post videos, create blogs, and write a wiki and all of those sorts of things.

We have been personally experimenting with the concept since last two semesters and have gotten very encouraging results.  Students love the forums and find the wiki extremely useful.  You can see an example of wiki created by the students of Intro. to programming class at San Jose State University here http://ygoof.com/wiki/index.php?title=BUS_092.

If you want to explore further, go to www.Ygoof.com<http://www.Ygoof.com> and use "guest" as both the username and password to logon and you can see how people at San Jose State university are using it.

If you want to create a class, create an account as a professor, and you will be able to create a new class.  It is all free and if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

This is a work in progress.  If you have feedback or if you would like to request a feature, feel free to email me or email Nitin at nitin.aggarwal at sjsu.edu<mailto:nitin.aggarwal at sjsu.edu>.

Eric Walden
James C. Wetherbe Associate Professor
Rawls College of Business