[AISWorld] First CFP: AMCIS 2011 Mini-Track on Sustainable Internet Models

Alan Rea rea at acm.org
Mon Jan 10 10:42:56 EST 2011

http://docrea.org/amcis2011/sustainableInternet/

---------------------

***Sustainable Internet Models***

AMCIS 2011
August 4 - 7, 2011, Detroit Marriott Hotel
http://amcis2011.aisnet.org/

***Call for Papers***

Track: Information Systems for Sustainability and Global Competitiveness
Mini-Track: Sustainable Internet Models Mini-Track

***Main Theme***

Over the past twenty years, the Internet has morphed from a research endeavor into the backbone of business, communication, entertainment, and social communities. Organizations use it to grow into strong economic entities; people create and share ideas via e-mail, message boards, and video sites; and focused communities allow individuals to enrich their lives via collaborative knowledge building, formal education, and strong mentoring relationships. No other technology has entrenched itself faster and more thoroughly into our society than the Internet.

However, with all of the benefits, we have yet to address the many challenges. Connecting into the vast information highway to partake of its potential also allows cybervandals to hijack connections, steal information, or simply fill one's inbox with snake oil cures. Although we do need to address the technological solutions necessary to decrease spam, stop botnets, and minimize malware, we must also look at the potential of developing interactions that will allow for increased trustworthiness among infrastructure and service providers, as well as the people and organizations who use them. Moreover we must develop ecosystems that will promote sustainable growth by promoting the desire to improve and participate in this global system.

***Importance and Relevance***

Designing, creating, and fostering increased Internet growth while promoting competitiveness, security, and economic benefits in imperative to cultivating system growth and innovation. This mini-track will look for researchers to pose potential solutions, techniques, models, and other innovative ideas that will create a sustainable Internet ecosystem. Researchers can posit social, economic, technical, or other systems that can begin to address how we can sustain the benefits the Internet and Web have enabled while stemming the tide of SPAM, access inequity, and other challenges inherent in this global system that is the lifeblood of the competitive global environment.

***Potential Topics***

--Challenges of Future Internet Architecture
--Competitive practices that promote sustainable Internet access to services
--Design, Implementation, and Support of viable economic models for Internet Service Providers
--Economic negotiations among ISPs, Providers, and Users
--Future Internet Models that promote self-sufficiency and growth
--Future Internet Services
--Incentivizing the Internet
--New media, social networking and future Internet
--Self-Adjusting Security Solutions to SPAM, BotNets, and Malware

***Important Dates***

Feb 17, 2010: Submission Deadline
Mar 24, 2011: Authors notified of paper acceptance decision
April 21, 2011: Camera-ready Papers Due

***Paper Submission Guide***

Papers can be submitted using the online submission system at
 http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/amcis2011/

Additional information regarding the submission process can be found on the AMCIS 2011 website: http://amcis2011.aisnet.org/

***Mini-Track Chairs***

Alan Rea **
Haworth College of Business
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5412
rea<at>wmich<dot>edu

Nirmala Shenoy
Information Technology Department
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, NY 14623
nxsvks<at>rit<dot>edu

Xiaojun (Matt) Cao
Computer Science Department
Georgia State University
Atlanta, GA 30302

Aparna Gupta
Lally School of Management and Technology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, NY 12180
guptaa<at>rpi<dot>edu

** Corresponding Co-Chair