[AISWorld] JAIS Special Issue reminder

Nicholas Berente berente at uga.edu
Wed Jan 12 10:32:04 EST 2011

JAIS Special Issue:
Expanding the Frontiers of Information Systems Research

This is a reminder that we are looking for "Research Perspectives" for a JAIS special issue intended to explore and push the boundaries of IS research. It aims to challenge members of our discipline to take the core ideas and methods of our domain and apply them creatively to other domains, within more diverse contexts, and to reach new goals.

http://aisel.aisnet.org/jais/JAIS_Expanding_Frontiers_Call3.pdf

>From the call:

Submissions: March 28 2009
Please contact special issue editors with extended abstracts or outlines before this data for initial feedback.

"The goal of this special issue is to inspire, to provoke, and to challenge. We encourage submissions with radical goals, ambitious thinking, and a positive, proactive view of the IS discipline’s potential to improve relevant scholarship, and by doing so perhaps the world."

Research Perspective articles are intended to “encourage interdisciplinary dialogue and collaboration.” The research perspectives section is intended to offer “the potential to see IS phenomena in new ways and build revelatory theory... to broaden our view of IS...”

Let us know if you have questions.

Thank you!
Cynthia, Nick, and Kalle

--