[AISWorld] Post a CFP to this list

Ming-Hui Huang huangmh at ntu.edu.tw
Sat Feb 5 06:21:38 EST 2011

Hi,

I would like to post the CFP below to the AIS mailing list. Please advise
how to proceed. Thanks.

--
Ming-Hui Huang, PhD
Professor of E-Commerce

***
Call for Participations: Service Science Cluster at the INFORMS Annual
Meeting
November 13-16, 2011
Charlotte Convention Center
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA

Deadline for Abstract Submission: May 16, 2011

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract or serve as a Session
Chair for the Service Science Cluster at the INFORMS 2011 Annual Meeting.

The theme for the INFORMS Annual Meeting is TransfORmation – “a thorough or
dramatic change.” Across the globe, industries are transfORming to create
sustainable and innovative approaches to meet the fast-growing needs for
natural resources, products and services. Our community is at the heart of
this transfORmation, generating new ideas and technologies to enable this
change.

In the last 100 years, the importance of service in all facets of the
economy has dramatically increased, leading to the current industry-led
imperative on service science. Service science is an emerging field that
requires an interdisciplinary approach to the study of service. It may
integrate domain knowledge and methodologies from disciplines such as
operations management, marketing, service research, information systems and
computing, economics, and organization. Topics of interest include, but are
not limited to:

   - The concepts, principles, paradigms, and theories of service science
   - Methodologies, modeling, techniques, and tools for service science
   - Service innovations and business transformation
   - Service management and marketing
   - Service operations and productivity
   - Service value networks
   - IT service, customer service, and service satisfaction
   - Service economics and pricing
   - Service engineering, systems, and computing
   - The dynamics of service-oriented system

Email your first and last name, email address, and the title or preliminary
title of your abstract or session to the Cluster Chair (huangmh at ntu.edu.tw)
before April 16 if possible. You will receive a confirmation for you to
submit the abstract or fill in the session information online. As a Session
Chair, you will need to invite 3 to 4 abstract submissions. As an author,
you will need to submit a short abstract (50 words) to the conference
website by May 16. More information regarding the meeting and submission
guidelines are available on http://meetings.informs.org/charlotte2011.

Thank you for your support for the Service Science Section of the INFORMS.
We look forward to meeting you in Charlotte.

Roland T. Rust, Distinguished University Professor, University of Maryland
Vice President and President-Elect, INFORMS Service Science
rrust at rhsmith.umd.edu

Ming-Hui Huang, Professor, National Taiwan University
Cluster Chair, INFORMS Service Science
huangmh at ntu.edu.tw