[AISWorld] Call for Presentation Abstract: 2011 Drexel Cybersecurity Research Forum Spring Series

xiangmin zhang xiangminz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:02:05 EST 2011

2011 Drexel Cybersecurity Research Forum Spring Series

Philadelphia, PA

Call for Presentation Abstract:

“Rigor and Relevance of Security, Forensics and Privacy (SFP) Research
in Cyberspace”

The Computing and Security Technology (CST) Program at Drexel
University’s Goodwin College recognizes the efforts of
interdisciplinary researchers and invites speakers in the research
areas of security, forensics and privacy (SFP) research. We invite
advanced scholars from the Greater Philadelphia, New Jersey, Delaware,
New York, and Washington DC areas whose research is in the SFP field
to submit an abstract of topics of interest for presentation.

The CST Program will contact you upon the acceptance of your abstract,
and provide funding for your trip.

Please send your abstract to: pna24 at drexel.edu, before February 25,
2011. To increase your opportunity to be invited, please send your
abstract as soon as possible.

Invited Presentation: Tuesday March 8, 2011 (by invitation only)

Location: Goodwin College of Professional Studies, Drexel University

Motivation

Computer-mediated communication, particularly in cyberspace, is
increasingly becoming the means by which business is conducted, and
services are rendered. In this dynamic web of communication,
information security, personal privacy, and Internet safety have
become critical issues that affect our lives. Our existing cyber
infrastructure has undertaken drastic changes to become more
vulnerable, and our traditional defense mechanisms face significant
challenges for securing information assurance functions. Various forms
of cyber crimes also have raised a new set of issues in digital
forensics. As human factors have become the weakest link in the chain
of command, behavioral and user studies offer a new perspective on
cyber security. Mobile computing enables communications, and mobile
forensics counters crime and terrorist activities. Security policy and
training have new social dimensions, which can lead organizations and
government to a secure workplace. This Drexel Cybersecurity Research
Forum is organized with the objective of discussing and identifying
strategic gaps to address the above issues. We hope that through a
series of research discussion forums, more innovative research ideas
can be initiated, and additional collaboration opportunities can be
identified.

Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- IS Security Architecture and Models
- IS Security Systems Design and Implementation
- User Behavioral Study with IS Security and Privacy
- IS Security Theory Construction
- Improved Security/Privacy Features within existing media
- New models and/or architectures
- Security/Privacy Case Studies and Models
- Privacy Policy and Controls in Social Network
- Security Policy and Controls in Social Network
- Technological Implementation of Security and/or Privacy Mechanisms
- Digital Forensics
- Mobile Computing, cloud computing and mobile forensics
- Contemporary problem gaps in IS security, forensics and privacy

Contacts:

Please feel free to contact Shuyuan Mary Ho if you have any question
regarding the research area. I can be reached at smho at drexel.edu. You
can contact Patience Ajoff-Foster at pna24 at drexel.edu for logistic
support and travel arrangements.

Thanks! We hope to hear from you soon!