[AISWorld] REQ: Teaching with Programming Assignments (version 2)

Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim rahmatm.samik-ibrahim at vlsm.org
Tue Feb 22 06:08:40 EST 2011

To Whom It May Concern,

A couple of weeks ago, I sent a query regarding "Programming
Assignments". Unfortunately, I did not get any reply. Not even
the many nice "I am   A W A Y" notices :).

Therefore, let me try again. Just in case you read this, and you
know a colleague who is in charge or teaches with "Programming
Assignments". Would you please introduce me to him/her?
(Please forward this mail to her/him).

Basically, I would like to know:
1) any academic paper (theoretical and practical) about this issue?
2) group assignments vs individual assignments
3) writing from scratch vs. modifying existing codes
4) the cut and paste issue
5) the usage of collaborative tools
6) etc.

This semester I am teaching "Operating Systems" for two
classes (100 students).

I am going to summarize and post the replies (if anyone replies).
Please let me know, if you wish to remain anonymous.

Wish me luck this time,

--
http://RahmatM.Samik-Ibrahim.vLSM.org/  WARNING: Saving a plain
text signature will override any rich text signature you have saved.