[AISWorld] AMCIS 2011 CFP: MIMI-TRACK: Technology design factors influencing adoption

Heshan Sun hsun at email.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 23 15:10:21 EST 2011

CALL FOR PAPERS

17th Americas Conference on Information Systems (http://amcis2011.aisnet.org
)

August 4-7, 2011, Detroit, MI, USA

TRACK: Diffusion of Information Technology

MIMI-TRACK: Technology design factors influencing adoption

Design of information technology (IT) plays a critical role in promoting IT
adoption and diffusion. Yet, our understanding of IT design features remains
rather limited. Studies on design features could extend our understanding of
IT adoption and provide guidance for IT practitioners. This mini-track
attempts to contribute to IS research by enriching our understanding of IT
design features and how they influence IT adoption and diffusion at
individual, group, and organizational levels and in different social
contexts.

Suggested Topics:

This mini-track covers, but is not limited to, the following topics:

·         Theory and design practice of information technology

·         Innovative design methods

·         Visual, audio, haptic design and technology adoption and diffusion

·         Three-dimensional (3D) effects and users

·         Impact of technology design features on user cognition, emotion,
attitude, and behavior associated with the adoption and diffusion of
technology

·         Design and online collaboration and knowledge contribution and
sharing

·         Design features and diffusion of technologies at various levels of
analysis (e.g., individual, group, organization, and national levels)

·         Design for different social contexts of system use (e.g., home,
school, company, hospital)

·         Design and diffusion of B2B, B2C, C2C e-commerce or m-commerce
systems

·         Individual factors (e.g., gender, age, psychological traits) in
design and adoption of technology

·         Design for different cultures

·         Design and diffusion of Web 2.0 technologies (e.g., Facebook,
Twitter, Youtube)

·         Forward-looking ideas regarding design of next-generation
technologies

SUBMISSION SITE

http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/amcis2011

IMPORTANT DATES:

·         Deadline for paper submissions: February 28, 2011

·         Notification of acceptance: April 4, 2011

·         Camera-ready copy due: April 25, 2011

MINI-TRACK Chairs:

Heshan Sun, University of Arizona

hsun at email.arizona.edu

Weiling Ke, Clarkson University

wke at clarkson.edu

TRACK CHAIRS:

Ron Cenfetelli, niversity of British Columbia

Andrew Schwarz, Louisiana State University

Anand Jeyaraj, Wright State University