[AISWorld] P A C I S 2 0 1 1 ... S u b m i s s i o n D e a d l i n e e x t e n d e d t o 1 4 M a r c h

Guy Gable g.gable at qut.edu.au
Fri Feb 25 20:57:30 EST 2011

Dear Intending PACIS 2011 author. In response to requests and in recognition of past practice (and expectations), the paper submission deadline is extended by 1 week to 14 March. Please note however that this is a rigid deadline beyond which we will be unable to accept further papers. All the best from the PACIS'11 Committee.

P A C I S   2 0 1 1 ...  S u b m i s s i o n   D e a d l i n e   e x t e n d e d   t o   1 4  M a r c h

... the premier venue for networking with IS Academe in Pacific Asia

Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems

- the AIS Affiliated Region 3 Conference, and an ACPHIS-sponsored ERA 'A' event,

to be held in Brisbane, Australia, 7-11 July 2011.

See http://mlaa.com.au/pacis2011/index.htm

K E Y   D A T E S :

- 14 Mar 2011 ... Paper Submission Deadline ... (original date 7 March extended 1 wk to 14 March)

- 4 Apr 2011 ... Consortium Nomination Deadline

- 29 Apr 2011 ... Paper/Nomination Decision

- 9-11 July 2011 ... PACIS Main Conference

- 7-8 July 2011 ... Doctoral Consortium & Workshops

High quality and relevant papers from PACIS 2011 will be fast-tracked (at the author's prerogative) to ...

- JAIS ... http://aisel.aisnet.org/jais/

- JSIS ...  http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jsis

- APJAIS ... http://journal.ecrc.nsysu.edu.tw/pajais

- AJIS ... http://dl.acs.org.au/index.php/ajis

- IJAIS ... http://www.elsevier.com/locate/accinf

Though subject to the standard, stringent double-blind review processes of these journals, this will be an expedited review process coordinated by Senior Editors.

K E Y N O T E S   I N C L U D E :

*** DETMAR STRAUB ... Editor-in-Chief MIS Quarterly; Regent's Professor of the University System of Georgia; and the J. Mack Robinson Distinguished Professor of Information Systems

*** NATALIE MACDONALD ... responsible for leading the whole of Queensland Government ICT agenda and for driving efficiencies in ICT investment. Previously Director-General of Queensland Department of Housing where she managed 1,300 staff, an asset base of $13.5billion and an annual budget of $1.1 billion

The official language of the conference is English.

Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished papers.

C O N F E R E N C E   A C T I V I T I E S :

July weather is 'magic' in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast

*** COCKTAILS - Old Government House  http://www.ogh.qut.edu.au/

*** CONFERENCE DINNER - "The Strand" panoramic views of Brisbane River & Story Bridge) http://www.strandrugbyquay.com.au/

*** ROCK CLIMBING Kangaroo Point (across the river from QUT) http://urbancrag.com/rock-climbing-at-kangaroo-point-cliffs/

*** BRIDGE CLIMB (viewable from The Strand ... but we'll be dining) http://www.adrenalin.com.au/story-bridge-adventure/qld-brisbane/land/12256?gclid=CMfmjOD_3aYCFQPgbgodYWbX0w