[AISWorld] Call for presentation proposals for No Magic World Conference 2011

Kappelman, Leon Leon.Kappelman at unt.edu
Mon Mar 21 17:17:07 EDT 2011

Event is in Dallas, Sept. 25-28, 2011.  Last year's event was very good and the venue very nice.  The call below is for speakers - They would like to have more speakers from academia this year

Conference covers enterprise architecture and lots of related topics like systems analysis, modeling, simulation, standards, IP issues, and much more.  John Zachman and Richard Soley are already on tap to present this year, along with what will probably be another great line up.  For additional information, the conference site is http://www.umlconference.com/dfw/index.aspx.  I have nothing to do with the program other than I get to be a speaker/panelist; so, contact Ray Hertz @ NoMagic as per the call if you want to submit a proposal or have any questions.

Best wishes,
Leon

"There are two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Leon A. Kappelman, Ph.D.
  Professor of Information Systems
  Director Emeritus, Information Systems Research Center
  Fellow, Texas Center for Digital Knowledge
    College of Business, University of North Texas
    Voice: 940-565-4698   Fax: 940-565-4935  Email: kapp at unt.edu<mailto:kapp at unt.edu>
    Website: http://courses.unt.edu/kappelman/
Founding Chair, SIM Enterprise Architecture Working Group (SIMEAWG) - Website: http://eawg.simnet.org/
If you are so inclined, here are  some easy ways to follow my adventures (at least the mental and professional ones):
          DrK's Blog<http://courses.unt.edu/kappelman/blog/>: "All we will ever know is our models" - http://courses.unt.edu/kappelman/blog/
          DrK's email listserv<http://courses.unt.edu/kappelman/kapp-inv.htm> - Sign up information here http://courses.unt.edu/kappelman/kapp-inv.htm

No Magic cordially invites you to participate as a speaker/presenter at our 2011 World Conference, taking place September 25-28, at the American Airlines Conference Center, located in Fort Worth, Texas.

Below, please find relevant information pertaining to this unique speaking opportunity. Also included is the speaker registration form.  If you are selected to speak or present at the conference, you will receive a confirmation email and a speaker packet at least four weeks prior to the event.
Benefits From Speaking at the No Magic World Conference 2011
If selected, Conference speakers/presenters will receive:
*   At least one complimentary registration pass to the No Magic World Conference 2011
*   Complimentary hotel accommodations based on speaker's participation in the conference event
*   Attendance at an exclusive speakers/VIP event
*   Recognition as a speaker/presenter in the printed Conference Program with your bio, picture and presentation abstract
as well as posting on the No Magic World Conference website
*   Your presentation and expertise/bio will be showcased among hundreds of conference attendees from a broad cross section
of industries worldwide

How to Submit Your Speaker's Submission
*   You must submit an application form to be considered for a speaking opportunity. Preference will be given to a complete submission with a well-thought-out abstract and full biography
*   Please contact Raymond Hertz: ray at nomagic.com or (214) 291-9100 x221 if you have any questions about the Call for Speakers process

Speaker Requirements
Selected speakers will be required to complete a speaker confirmation agreement (found in the speaker packet). By agreeing to  be a conference speaker, you authorize No Magic to publish your name, company name, biography and presentation abstract in the corresponding materials for the No Magic World Conference 2011. These materials include the conference program guide and website, and may possibly include any video and/or audiotapes recorded during the event. The speaker is responsible for obtaining any necessary approvals from his/her employer, if applicable.

Additional Speaker Details
*   Speakers will present for approximately 45 minutes during the World Conference event
*   No Magic will provide you with the date and time of your presentation at least eight weeks before the No Magic World Conference 2011

The following criteria will be used to judge all speaker submissions:
*   Quality of session abstract and title
*   Uniqueness and usefulness of topic
*   Description of business benefits, including Return on Investment (ROI)
*   Intention to give a live demo

Speaker Registration
If you are selected as a speaker, we will email you the speaker packet that includes instructions on how to register and receive your complimentary registration pass. If you have already completed a paid registration for the No Magic World Conference 2011, please do not cancel your registration. We will adjust the event fees as necessary if you are selected.

Please contact Raymond Hertz: ray at nomagic.com or (214) 291-9100 x221 if you have any speaker registration questions.