[AISWorld] Open visiting positions, the Information Systems Security Research Center

Mikko Siponen mikko.siponen at oulu.fi
Fri Apr 1 13:51:06 EDT 2011

The Information Systems Security Research Center at the University of
Oulu, Finland, has openings for short-term visiting positions. The
research center is funded by +30 companies and a number of funding
agencies.  Members of the research center have published their
research in journals such as MIS Quarterly, Journal of the Association
for Information Systems, European Journal of Information Systems,
Information & Organization, Information Systems Journal, Information &
Management, ACM Database, Communications of the ACM, IEEE Computer,
and IEEE IT Professional.

At this time, we are considering visiting positions lasting from two
weeks to six months. We are interested on candidates who have
potential and strong commitment to
publish in top IS journals. Also, Ph.D. students can apply.

We are especially interested in hosting scholars who are interested in
measuring business value of information security investments or
studying IS security behavior. We are also interested in candidates
whose research matches other research areas of the center (please see http://issrc.oulu.fi/research-and-publications)

Compensation includes accommodation and travel expenses. Salary is
also possible in the case of longer visit. Owing to relationships with
funding companies and
industry contacts, great opportunities for data collection exist. I
have more data collection opportunities than I can handle.

For more information, please see http://issrc.oulu.fi/about.

Please contact Dr. Mikko Siponen (mikko.siponen at oulu.fi) asap for
further
information about the positions.

Mikko Siponen, Ph.D., D.Soc.Sc.,
Director of IS Security Research Center (http://issrc.oulu.fi/),
Professor,
University of Oulu, Department of Information Processing
Science, Linnanmaa, P.O.BOX 3000, FIN-90014 Oulun yliopisto, FINLAND.

E-mail:mikko.siponen at oulu.fi
Phone (work): + 358 (0) 400 752 661