[AISWorld] Electronic Markets newly added to SSCI - Open Access until April 19, 2011

Karen Heyden heyden at wifa.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Apr 8 11:51:19 EDT 2011

- Apologies for cross-postings. -

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that Electronic Markets - The International Journal on Networked Business was accepted for the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI) by Thomson Reuters. This means that an official impact factor for Electronic Markets will be available by the third quarter of 2011.

As a matter of fact, the acceptance to the SSCI coincides with the twentieth anniversary of Electronic Markets which we celebrate with a special jubilee issue of the journal. This issue is freely available on Springer Link via http://www.springerlink.com/content/1019-6781/21/1/ until April 19, 2011. Among the content of this issue are:

* Editorial 21/1
(Hubert Oesterle, Hans-Dieter Zimmermann and Rainer Alt)

SPECIAL THEME SECTION "20 Years Research in Electronic Markets"

* 20 years of research in electronic markets and networked business: An interview with Thomas Malone and retrospective views by JoAnne Yates and Robert Benjamin
(Rolf T. Wigand)

* Co-authorship networks in electronic markets research
(Kai Fischbach, Johannes Putzke and Detlef Schoder)

* Twenty years of electronic markets research - looking backwards towards the future
(Rainer Alt and Stefan Klein)

GENERAL RESEARCH SECTION

* A virtual competition auction model for perishable products
(Shouhong Wang and Hai Wang)

* Reaching into patients' homes - participatory designed AAL services
The case of a patient-centered nutrition tracking service
(Philipp Menschner, Andreas Prinz, Philip Koene, Felix Koebler, Matthias Altmann, Helmut Krcmar and Jan Marco Leimeister)

We want to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to all authors, reviewers, editorial board members as well as associate editors and colleagues who participated in the successful evolution of Electronic Markets. Without the support of the entire community, these achievements would not have been possible. We sincerely hope that you endorse Electronic Markets in the future as well and look forward to receiving your best work. In case you have comments or other suggestions to the journal please feel free to contact us anytime.

Thanks again and best regards,

Hubert Oesterle
Editor in Chief

Karen Heyden
Executive Editor

Electronic Markets - The International Journal on Networked Business
Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Hubert Oesterle, University of St.Gallen, Switzerland
Executive Editor: Karen Heyden, University of Leipzig, Germany

Editorial Office:
Electronic Markets - The International Journal on Networked Business
c/o Information Systems Institute University of Leipzig
04109 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 9733600
Fax +49 341 9733612
E-mail: editors at electronicmarkets.org
http://www.electronicmarkets.org

Electronic Markets is published continuously online and quarterly in print by Springer.
ISSN: 1019-6781 (Paper) 1422-8890 (Online).