[AISWorld] Open PhD Position, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany

Daniel Grgecic grgecic at ise.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Apr 19 08:49:02 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues:

The Chair of Information Systems at Goethe-University Frankfurt invites
applications for a research position (salary band EG 13 TV-G-U, 3/4,
temporary position NTE 3 years). To strengthen our team we are looking
for a committed, creative and flexible PhD candidate (male/female) with
advanced knowledge in Information Technology and interest in the current
development in business informatics.

The Chair of Information Systems (http://www.ise.wiwi.uni-frankfurt.de)
is part of the Institute of Business Informatics at the Faculty of
Economics and Business Administration. With more than 4,000 students,
our Faculty is one of the largest economics research and teaching
institutions in Germany. Excellent research and close proximity to
practical business arena are the prime characteristics of the Faculty's
academic education. Not only are we assured by our students to be one of
the most attractive economics departments, but the top positions we are
awarded in numerous international rankings prove it as well.

Our research concerns mainly IT mediated communication structures of
groups. We develop theories explaining the emergence of information
systems and the interplay of organization and IT, for example, in the
context of business process management or information systems
development. We employ behavioral and design research methods. The PhD
candidate has the opportunity to advance his/her academic education
through the completion of a doctoral dissertation in an international
environment.

Application Criteria:

The successful applicant

* has a Diploma / Master of Science or an equivalent degree in a
relevant scientific or technological discipline.

* speaks and writes fluently in English and should have at least basic
skills in German.

* likes to work in an international setting.

* possesses strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.

* has knowledge in database management systems, data warehousing, and
business intelligence.

* has knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Server, or similar
applications.

* has basic programming skills or experience in software development
projects.

Application Procedure

Applications must include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and a
copy of the diploma with an academic transcript of courses and grades.
Applicants will be screened and, if suitable, invited for further
assessment and interviews. Please send your application - including
copies of documents as electronic versions (pdf) - before 31.05.2011 to
the following address via e-mail:

Professor Dr. Roland Holten

Chair of Information Systems Engineering

Attn.: Dr. Christoph Rosenkranz

Grueneburgplatz 1

60325 Frankfurt

E-Mail: rosenkranz at wiwi.uni-frankfurt.de