[AISWorld] Africa Digital Week 2011

Richard Boateng richard at pearlrichards.org
Sun May 1 04:25:24 EDT 2011

*Africa Digital Week 2011*

In July 2011, we will be organizing the first Africa Digital Week in Accra,
Ghana. Africa Digital Week 2011 is themed - "My Dream for A Digital Africa".
The objective of Africa Digital Week is to explore how new and emerging
forms of technologies can contribute to socio-economic development and good
governance in Africa. It will be a place for discourse and debate on novel
approaches to building a better Africa. Africa Digital Week is being
organized by PearlRichards Foundation, African Institute for Development
Informatics and Policy, African E-governance Academy (an OSIWA and UNDP
Initiative), PC Tech Magazine and VIVA Africa Multimedia.

Africa Digital Week will seek to:

   1. Discuss the experiences of African governments, private and
   non-governmental institutions in using new and emerging digital technologies
   (social media, mobiles and information and internet-enabled technologies) to
   interact and provide services to the consumers and citizens;
   2. Promote the strategic understanding of the role of digital
   technologies in achieving the millennium development goals in Africa and
   other developing countries; and
   3. Educate participants on how to conduct evaluations and impact analysis
   on using these new technologies (especially social media and mobiles) to
   achieve organizational or institutional objectives.

*Date and Venue:*
**25-29 July, 2011, Alisa Hotel, Accra, Ghana

*Website:* www.africadigitalweek.com

*Conference and Workshops*

*==========*

*1) ECOWAS Youth and Graduates Conference*

*Theme:* Social Media, The Youth and Development. The conference will
examine ways in which capabilities and competencies of the youth and
graduates can support business, development and good governance in Africa.

*
*

*2) AfegA E-Governance Workshop*

*Theme: *New Technologies and Governance - “Can A Government Be Open without
being Public?” This workshop is being co-organized by the Africa
E-governance Academy (AfegA).

*3) Africa Digital Business Workshop *

*Theme:* New Technologies, Business and Development. The workshop will
critically explore the use of social media for business and non-profit
institutions and the contribution of African Telecoms and NGOs to
development in Africa.

*Paper Submissions*

Submissions are welcome from students, practitioners, researchers, academics
and doctoral/research candidates.  Submissions information -
http://www.africadigitalweek.com/submissions.html

*EXHIBITION *

*==========*

**Theme: Technologies and Applications that Change the World. Exhibition
will feature a corporate digital product launch from entrepreneurs, African
companies, and multinationals institutions.  A special feature will be The
Launch of VIVA Africa Multimedia – An Internet Television for the Internet
Generation of Africa (www.vivaafrica.tv).

Africa Digital Week 2011 will encourage open minds, critical thinking,
self-examination, creativity, and sharing ideas. We invite you to join us,
and look forward to welcoming you. We believe your invaluable experience and
insight will add to what is an invaluable discourse for Africa and other
developing regions. We have no doubt it will be challenging and
thought-provoking, as well as an entertaining experience.

Richard Boateng, PhD and Dr. Longe Olumide

African Institute for Development Informatics and Policy
PearlRichards Foundation (www.pearlrichards.org)