[AISWorld] CFP: Dewald Roode Information Security Workshop 2011 Update

Robert Crossler recrossler at utpa.edu
Sun May 29 12:49:28 EDT 2011

There have been a number of requests for an extension to the 2011 Dewald Roode Information Security Workshop.  If you can get us a complete draft by June 1, we would appreciate it so we can get it under review sooner rather than later.  However, due to the intent of the workshop being to get the highest quality information security articles submitted we have decided to extend the deadline to June 15, assuming that the authors provide us with the following by June 1.  If we do not receive this information by June 1 then we will not accept the submission as it will foul up our review planning.

1. Indicate that you are requesting an extension and are submitting preliminary information.
2. Submit either an abstract (or better yet an initial version of the paper). This will help us plan who to send the paper to for review.
3. List all authors, email addresses, and affiliations.
4. Indicate how much work is remaining before the paper becomes finalized.

If you submit a preliminary version of the paper and we do not receive the completed version by June 15 then it will not go out for review.  This is the ABSOLUTE latest we can push this back to ensure a quality review cycle.

Regards,

Robert Crossler
Assistant Professor
Computer Information Systems Department
The University of Texas - Pan American
recrossler at utpa.edu

The original call is below.

*************

DEWALD ROODE INFORMATION SECURITY WORKSHOP 2011

IFIP WG 8.11/11.13

CALL FOR PAPERS

September 23 and 24

Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA

Following the success of the first two International Information Systems Security Workshops held in Cape Town, South Africa, May 2009 and at Bentley University, October 2010, the third workshop will continue efforts to advance the research discipline of information systems security through the creation, dissemination, and preservation of well-formed research.  Through the active discussion in the workshop, participants will receive specific feedback on their papers and provide feedback to others.

While relevant for advanced practical development, our primary audience consists of researchers in this area.  We value research products with highly reliable and validated theory, empirical data, or quantitative/qualitative social scientific methodology.  Editors of EJIS and MISQ will screen potentially high quality papers that may be fast tracked to these journals after revisions. The workshop is also intended to nurture individual journal articles for submission to a wide variety of other management research journals. Selection for the workshop is competitive, and only authors of the accepted papers and working group members will be invited to participate.

Anchoring the workshop to information systems means the research will attend and extend the social, organizational, and managerial literature in this area.  While we assume an effective foundation in information security technology, we regard information systems risks broadly, for example crime, employee misconduct, warfare, terrorism, error, accident, natural events, etc.  We also address information systems security broadly, for example, privacy, awareness, policies, strategy, audit, planning and control.

Manuscripts will be prescreened by the program chairs and members to ensure that all papers sent to reviewers are reasonably complete, well-formed and appropriate to the scope and mission of the workshop (e.g. information security management focused rather than information security science focused). Double blind reviews will follow for prescreened papers.

General Chair:

France Belanger, Virginia Tech, USA

Program Co-Chairs:

Robert Crossler, The University of Texas – Pan American, USA

Paul Benjamin Lowry, Brigham Young University, USA

Submission Information:

Submission deadline: June 1, 2011

Notification to authors: August 7, 2011

Attending participants must register by August 15, 2011

Deadline for final papers: Sept 7, 2011

Manuscripts must be anonymous for the review process.

For questions about the program, please contact Robert Crossler at rob.crossler at gmail.com<http://lists.aisnet.org/mailman/listinfo/aisworld_lists.aisnet.org> and for general questions about the workshop please contact France Belanger at belanger at vt.edu.<http://lists.aisnet.org/mailman/listinfo/aisworld_lists.aisnet.org>

Website:

http://ifip.byu.edu/RoodeWorkshop2011.html

Program Committee:

Catherine Anderson, University of Maryland, USA

France Belanger, Virginia Tech, USA

Richard Baskerville, Georgia State University, USA

Scott Boss, Bentley University, USA

Irwin Brown, University of Cape Town, ZA

Robert Crossler, The University of Texas - Pan American, USA

John D'Arcy, University of Notre Dame, USA

Steven Furnell, University of Plymouth, GB

Tehaswini Herath, Brock University, CA

Qing Hu, Iowa State University, USA

Allen Johnston, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA

Mari Karjalainen, Oulu University, FI

Paul Benjamin Lowry, Brigham Young University, USA

Xin (Robert) Luo, University of New Mexico, USA

Braden Molyneux, Brigham Young University, USA

Kennedy Njenga, University of Johannesburg, ZA

Clay Posey, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, USA

Raghav Rao, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA

Kai Rannenberg, Goethe University, DE

Amy Ray, Bentley University, USA

Tom Roberts, Louisiana Tech University, US A

Mikko Siponen, University of Oulu, FI

Robert Sainsbury, Mississippi State University, USA

Rossouw von Solms, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, ZA

Detmar Straub, Georgia State University, USA

Anthony Vance, Brigham Young University, USA

Merrill Warkentin, Mississippi State University, USA

Robert Willison, Newcastle Business School, UK

Jong Woo (Jonathan) Kim, University of Massachusetts Boston, USA

Heng Xu, The Pennsylvania State University, USA

Robert Crossler, Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Information Systems
College of Business Administration
The University of Texas – Pan American
recrossler at utpa.edu