[AISWorld] Final CFP: Cybercrime in the Digital Economy @ HICSS 2012

Gurvirender Tejay tejay at nova.edu
Sat Jun 11 18:42:52 EDT 2011

Final Call For Papers

HICSS-45, January 4 - 7, 2012, Maui, Hawaii, USA
Mini-track: Cybercrime in the Digital Economy

Deadline: June 15th (midnight Hawaii time)

We invite you to submit a paper for mini-track “Cybercrime in the Digital Economy” scheduled for the 45th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS). Accepted full papers will be considered for publication in Special Issue for Computers & Security journal, premier journal for information security field.

This mini-track aims to encourage research that provides insights into the issue of cybercrime in the digital economy. We solicit promising papers that will enhance our understanding of cybercrime. Few topics of interest include (but not limited to):
·      Cyber-infrastructure protection
·      Understanding cyber crime activities, and their motivations
·      Cyber security policy and controls
·      Technical-social system security
·      Legal and ethical challenges to cyber crime
·      Law enforcement decision support system
·      Digital forensics
·      Information warfare
·     Cyber crime and societal implications
·     Protection of social networks

This mini-track is offered under “Internet and the Digital Economy” track. You may obtain additional information about the conference at (www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_45/apahome45.htm)

Please feel free to email any inquiries on potential papers for submission.

Mini-track Chair
Gurvirender Tejay
Nova Southeastern University
tejay at nova.edu

Important Deadlines
June 15, 2011: Submit full manuscripts for review
Aug 15, 2011: Review System emails Acceptance Notices to authors
Sept 15, 2011: Accepted authors submit Final Paper for publication
Oct 15, 2011: Papers without any registered author will be deleted from the Proceedings

_____

Gurvirender Tejay
Assistant Professor
Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences,
Nova Southeastern University
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33314