[AISWorld] The search for new EIC of Communications of the AIS has started

Kalle Lyytinen kjl13 at case.edu
Wed Aug 17 20:45:25 EDT 2011

*From:* Kalle Lyytinen [mailto:kjl13 at case.edu]
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:16 PM
*To:* 'isworld at aisnet.org'
*Subject:* RE: The search for new EIC of Communications of the AIS has
started

To the IS Community

Call for Nominations

Editor-in-Chief of the Communications of the Association for Information
Systems (CAIS)

Deadline for Nominations: 2nd October, 2011

The term of Ilze Zigurs as Editor-in-Chief (EIC) of the Communicationsof the
Association for Information Systems (CAIS) ends on June 30, 2011. I, on
behalf of AIS, would like to thank Ilze for all her hard work and success in
making CAIS such an excellent publication. The journal offers currently
critical services for our community in the form of short communications, an
arena for debate and offering a platform for improving our pegagogy and
teaching. For a more detailed description of the journal and the role of EIC
please refer to
http://home.aisnet.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=1095.

We are starting a search for a new EIC for CAIS. We look for visionary and
strong leaders who can help the shape the journal as well as the previous
EICs: Paul Gray, Joey George and Ilze Zigurs. According to the By-Laws of
AIS, the VP for Publications will create a committee to conduct the search
for a new EIC, including representatives from each of the three regions.
The nominating committee is: Bob Zmud, Bernard Tan, Phillip Ein-Dor, Kalle
Lyytinen, Ilze Zigurs and Shirley Gregor (Ex officio). A single nominee will
be proposed by this committee to the AIS Council at their meeting in March
2012. All AIS members are invited to nominate candidate(s).

Qualifications for the EIC position include:

*       broad view of what constitutes relevant research in the IS field

*       previous editorial experience

*       demonstrated record of research in the field

*       dedication and enthusiasm for CAIS and its mission

*       vision of the role of publications in the electronic age

*       ability to manage the editorial process effectively and efficiently

*       commitment to EIC workload

*       support from the candidate's institution

*       membership of AIS

Please submit nominations with a brief statement of the candidate's

qualifications to the committee chair (Kalle Lyytinen) by end of 2nd

October, 2011.

Full resumes will be requested in a second round from a short list of

candidates.  All information may be sent by e-mail to: kalle at case.edu.

Many thanks

Kalle Lyytinen

Vice President of Publications, AIS (Association for Information

Systems)

Kalle Lyytinen [ mailto: kalle at case.edu] Iris S. Wolstein Chair;

The  Weatherhead School of Management Case Western Reserve University

Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7235; Tel: +1-216-368 5353, fax: +1-216-368 4776,
Mobile: +1-216-543 6667

Kalle Lyytinen [ mailto: kalle at case.edu] Iris S. Wolstein Chair;

The  Weatherhead School of Management Case Western Reserve University

Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7235; Tel: +1-216-368 5353, fax: +1-216-368 4776,
Mobile: +1-216-543 6667

Doctor of Management Programs Director of  Academic Affairs:

http://weatherhead.case.edu/academics/doctorate/management/doctor-of-m
anagement.cfm

Home page URL: http://home.cwru.edu/~kjl13/

Requirements Book 10 year perspective:
http://www.springer.com/978-3-540-92965-9

Research Projects: Virtual design: http://designdna.case.edu/ Digital

Innovation special issue Organization Science:
http://www.informs.org/site/Organization_Science/index.php?c=10&kat=Sp
ecial+Issue

Publications:
http://scholar.google.lt/scholar?hl=en&q=Kalle+Lyytinen&btnG=Search&as_sdt