[AISWorld] ICIS 2011 - Oriental Riverside reservation cautions

Galletta, Dennis galletta at katz.pitt.edu
Mon Aug 29 21:23:09 EDT 2011

It has come to our attention that the on-line form for the Oriental Riverside (the hotel attached to the conference center) is not reliable because they have installed a new system in the last few months. One registrant asked us about it because she did not receive a confirmation. Upon further checking, I discovered that I also did not receive a confirmation!

If you received a confirmation then there is no need to anything further. But if you did not, you are not registered! Please fill out the form available at either of the links below.

To make it a little easier, I took the hotel's original PDF and made it into a form that can be filled out at your keyboard so you don't have to fill it out manually. You can even sign it digitally* and then send back directly (which is what I did).  Of course, if you prefer, you can download the original PDF and print it to be filled out and signed manually.

* Signing it digitally: About a year ago, I went through some steps within the Adobe Acrobat software and set up a signature. There was an option to also include a graphical signature from a scan. I do not know if this requires the Adobe Acrobat Pro software or if the Adobe Reader also provides this option.

If you print it, you can scan and email to rs at shicc.net<mailto:rs at shicc.net> (the address is right on the form). It worked for me (using the HotelFormWithFields.pdf) and I received a confirmation within a few hours (during the night in Shanghai, it will take longer). You can also fax it to (86) 21 50370051, but those of us outside of Shanghai will find it easier to scan and email.

Link to the Oriental Riverside Hotel reservation form that you can fill out on your screen: http://galletta.business.pitt.edu/icis2011/HotelFormWithFields.pdf

Link to the original Oriental Riverside Hotel reservation form PDF you can print and fill out by hand: http://galletta.business.pitt.edu/icis2011/HotelFormToPrint.pdf

Dennis F. Galletta and TP Liang
Conference Co-Chairs

Dennis F. Galletta                      Professor of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh                 and Director, Katz Doctoral Program
282a Mervis Hall                            Katz Graduate School of Business
Phone +1 412-648-1699                                  Pittsburgh, PA  15260
E-mail: galletta @                                       Fax +1 412-648-1693
        katz.pitt.edu                       homepage: www.pitt.edu/~galletta<http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta>