[AISWorld] ICIS: early bird registration and hotel reservations going fast!

Galletta, Dennis galletta at katz.pitt.edu
Mon Oct 10 13:12:36 EDT 2011

Please remember that today, October 10, is the last day for ICIS early-bird registration. Many of you whom are or were AIS members might have received a reminder two days ago but I want to take this last opportunity to remind you. As you probably know, we did extend the deadline to follow the paper acceptance target date by a more comfortable margin, so, as they say, "this is it!"

And don't just do it TODAY, take a few moments and do it NOW! The direct link is http://icis2011.aisnet.org/Conference_Registration.html

Also, don't forget that you can make an unprecedented high-quality allowance for being absent from class by registering for "ICIS in the Classroom" in the process! These days, an online class session should not be unusual or troublesome. Allow your students to hear from the experts on enterprise architecture, knowledge management, governance, and communication skills. See more at www.pitt.edu/~galletta/ICIS_Classroom.htm<http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta/ICIS_Classroom.htm>

Finally, take care of your hotel reservations too, and the Gran Melia is the only option for the time being. Due to room limitations at the Oriental Riverside, the majority of attendees will stay at the Gran Melia. Some have said that the Gran Melia is the best hotel many of the attendees will ever visit. Even if it is merely excellent, we believe you will love it. Put your reservations in now because that hotel will definitely sell out in the coming weeks. Go to http://icis2011.aisnet.org/Hotel_Reservation.html to grab the reservations you need.

Flights are still very low, if not lower than ever before. I see (including taxes and fees)

Pittsburgh-Shanghai at $840
New York to Shanghai at $871
LAX to Shanghai at $829
London to Shanghai at $739

Beat the inevitable increases, and make your flight reservations today too!

Dennis and TP
ICIS Conference Chairs

Dennis F. Galletta                      Professor of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh                 and Director, Katz Doctoral Program
282a Mervis Hall                            Katz Graduate School of Business
Phone +1 412-648-1699                                  Pittsburgh, PA  15260
E-mail: galletta @                                       Fax +1 412-648-1693
        katz.pitt.edu                       homepage: www.pitt.edu/~galletta<http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta>