[AISWorld] Tenure track position in Information Systems at IE Business School in Spain

Alvaro Arenas Alvaro.Arenas at ie.edu
Thu Oct 13 05:17:54 EDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

IE Business School (www.ie.edu<http://www.ie.edu>) is seeking applicants for a tenure-track position in Information Systems at Assistant or Associate professor levels beginning September 2012. Our school has a group of young and dynamic scholars working in all areas of management including information systems and we are looking to expand our faculty.

Qualifications: Ph.D. in Information Systems, Informatics, or related degree program from an accredited institution or reasonably expect to complete the doctorate by mid 2012. Hired faculty will be expected to publish in top-tier peer-reviewed IS journals, to teach a variety of high level IS courses for, to interact and work closely with faculty from other disciplines, and to provide intellectual leadership in their respective areas. Industry experience and teaching experience are desired. Preference will be given to candidates that complement our existing research strengths in the following (but not limited to) areas: IT business value, adoption and diffusion of IT innovations, e-business, IT strategy, enterprise systems and e-government, web 2.0, IT outsourcing, enterprise security and risk management. Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Although most of the courses will be offered in English, proficiency in Spanish is a plus.

IE Business School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from individuals who will expand the ethnic and gender diversity of our faculty. Please submit your application in electronic form to:

Sara Flores
Calle de Pinar 15, 1 B
28006 Madrid, Spain
Tel.     + 34 91 745 1378
Fax.    +34 91 7454769
Email: sara.flores at ie.edu<mailto:sara.flores at ie.edu>

Please include a cover letter in the body of the e-mail and attach (or provide a URL link to) a most updated vita, contact information for three references, and samples of research, and evidence of teaching excellence.

ABOUT IE Business School: IE is recognised by the international press (Financial Times, The Economist, Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek), as a leading international business school. In January 2011 IE was ranked No. 8 worldwide and 3rd in Europe by Financial Times newspaper MBA Ranking. Our school features an ever-growing multi-cultural group of young and dynamic scholars working in all areas of management.  IE is situated in Madrid, Spain, in the heart of Madrid Financial district. Madrid is a vibrant, modern and cosmopolitan capital city of 5+ million that offers an enormous range of professional growth and leisure opportunities.  More information about the School and Faculty is available at www.ie.edu<http://www.ie.edu>.

Best regards,

Alvaro

Dr. Alvaro E. Arenas
Professor of Information Systems
Chairman of Information Systems and Tecnologies Department
Instituto de Empresa Business School
Madrid, Spain