[AISWorld] Survey of Mobile Business Courses

Viehland, Dennis D.Viehland at massey.ac.nz
Mon Oct 31 15:58:49 EDT 2011

Do you teach a Mobile Business course?
Do you know someone who does?
Are you a mobile business researcher?

If so, I want to hear from you.

A 2009 I asked members of the AISWorld mailing list to notify me if you are teaching a Mobile Business course. Respondents to that request know that I am updating the information I gathered at that time.

This is a general call to the entire AIS community to identify any Mobile Business courses that have been been introduced in the last few years or missed out on the 2009 survey.

For purposes of this survey, I am defining Mobile Business broadly -- including a variety of mobile devices, services, applications and technologies. I am interested in both technological and managerial perspectives to teaching Mobile Business. Only strictly technical courses that might be offered in Engineering or Computer Science departments are excluded from my definition.

(1) If you teach a course in Mobile Business, please send me (d.viehland at massey.ac.nz) basic information you have about the course (e.g., a syllabus, course description on the Web).

(2) If you do not teach a course in Mobile Business, but know a colleague who does, please forward this message to him/her.

(3) If you have a strong interest in Mobile Business, your interest and insight would be useful for a prospective research project. Please contact me if you are keen to participate in a general survey of what should be taught in a Mobile Business course.

I will, of course, summarise the responses as best I can and post them back to AISWorld.

Thanks for your contribution.

Dennis

Dennis Viehland
Associate Professor, Information Systems
Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand
Visiting Professor, Information Systems
Union Graduate College, Schenectady, New York
d.viehland at massey.ac.nz