[AISWorld] SIGGreen Conducts Global Test of Collaboration Tools

Cathy Dwyer cdwyer at pace.edu
Tue Nov 8 18:20:07 EST 2011

On Nov 4th, SIGGreen conducted 10 sessions testing five collaboration tools
over a 24 hour period (see http://siggreen.wikispaces.com/ ). Thanks to all
who participated from around the world in the SIGGreen Virtual Workshop
last Friday. It was most productive and enjoyable. The workshop
confirmedthe commitment in the SIGGreen
bylaws that “  In conducting its activities, SIGGreen will aim to be
environmentally responsible and encourage the AIS to do likewise.” The more
we use technologies to support the activities of groups like SIGGreen we
can reduce our need for so much expensive, time-consuming and
carbon-intensive travel. Despite the challenges of different time-zones we
held lively chats on Facebook, discussed the ground breaking work on Energy
Informatics using Google, thrashed our issues on the Green IS  Statement
using Zing, and held meetings on Elluminate and a 30-day free trial of the
corporate version to Gotomeeting. We learnt a lot that we are still
digesting for example the engaging nature of Facebook compared with the
formalities of Gotomeeting; the richness of audio v the easy of texting.   If
you haven’t already done so please get more detail on the 24 hour schedule
from our wiki http://siggreen.wikispaces.com/   The SIGGreen committee
would welcome any comments, suggestions or questions from the wider IS
community.

--
Catherine Dwyer, Ph.D.
http://twitter.com/ProfCDwyer