[AISWorld] Two Faculty Positions in IS

Ravichandran, T. ravit at rpi.edu
Tue Nov 15 08:30:35 EST 2011

Two Faculty Positions in Information Systems

The Lally School of Management & Technology at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute seeks applications for two faculty positions in Information Systems (pending approval) to start in the Fall of 2012. We are seeking to fill one position at the Assistant Professor rank and the other at the Associate Professor rank.

We are seeking individuals with strong research and teaching potential. Applicants should have a PhD or an equivalent degree in Information Systems or a closely related discipline.  ABDs expected to graduate by the summer of 2012 are encouraged to apply for the Assistant Professor position. Applicants with a demonstrated research and teaching record in Information Systems are encouraged to apply for the Associate Professor position. Successful candidates will be expected to teach Information Systems courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels.  Typical teaching load will be 2 courses per semester.

Applications will be entertained until the position is filled.  Please submit your application including a CV, copies of research papers and names of three referees to ISFacultyRecruiting at rpi.edu<mailto:ISFacultyRecruiting at rpi.edu>. Initial interviews for the position will be conducted at ICIS 2012 in Shanghai this December. Candidates interested in meeting with RPI representatives at ICIS are encouraged to submit their application by November 25, 2012.

Rensselaer is ranked among the top 50 national universities and is a Carnegie I research institution.  The Lally school offers undergraduate, masters, MBA and Ph.D. programs in business related disciplines including information systems.  Approximately 350 undergraduate students, 120 MBA/MS students and 35 Ph.D. students are currently enrolled in the business school.  RPI's strategic goals include becoming a world leader in inter-disciplinary IT research and teaching.

The Lally school provides an intellectually stimulating environment where inter-disciplinary research and collaborative efforts among faculty of various business disciplines are common.  We are seeking individuals who are interested in working in such an environment.

Rensselaer is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.

Information about the Lally school can be found at www.lallyschool.rpi.edu<http://www.lallyschool.rpi.edu/>.

Ravi
T. Ravichandran
Professor
Lally School of Management & Technology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, NY 12180
518 276 2035
Department Editor, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management
Senior Editor, Information & Management