[AISWorld] Two additional tips

Galletta, Dennis galletta at katz.pitt.edu
Tue Nov 29 02:31:25 EST 2011

I received two useful emails in response to my last AISWorld message with last-minute reminders for ICIS 2011. These suggestions are sufficiently useful as to stimulate my follow-up posting. Thanks to Robert Davison for #1 and Michael Myers for #2.

1.       There are two airports in Shanghai. Most people will arrive at Pudong International (PVG). But some international flights go to the Hongqiao International Airport (code SHA) - in which case they can get the metro from there.

2.       It always pays to have the address of the hotel in Chinese characters, as not all taxi drivers speak English. After checking in, ask for a calling card for the hotel.

See you in Shanghai!

DG

Dennis F. Galletta                      Professor of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh                 and Director, Katz Doctoral Program
282a Mervis Hall                            Katz Graduate School of Business
Phone +1 412-648-1699                                  Pittsburgh, PA  15260
E-mail: galletta @                                       Fax +1 412-648-1693
        katz.pitt.edu                       homepage: www.pitt.edu/~galletta<http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta>