[AISWorld] 2nd CFP: AMCIS 2012 - Minitrack on IT-Shared Services

Frank Ulbrich frank.ulbrich at northumbria.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 05:42:05 EST 2012

2nd CALL FOR PAPERS

18th Americas Conference on Information Systems

Seattle, Washington, August 9-12, 2012

Track:                    E-Government

Minitrack:            IT-Shared Services

DESCRIPTION

Governments around the world are using IT-shared services as a means of enhancing service delivery and reducing costs. For example, the Government of Canada has recently moved toward mandated IT-shared services to deal with fragmentation, duplication, and inefficiencies in IT service delivery. It hopes to produce savings and reduce the government's footprint, strengthen security and the safety of government data to ensure citizens are protected; and realize economies of scale and make it more cost-effective to modernise IT services.

The transition toward IT-shared services, however, has proven to be a complex, context-dependent endeavour often demanding significant transformations of policies, processes, skills, and institutional arrangements. This frequently requires a fundamental redefinition of the organisations adopting shared services. After several years of trial and error, we are currently at the vertex where public-sector organisations are reflecting on their original initiatives, correcting their course of actions, or just hopping on board this management trend.

This minitrack seeks to further our understanding of IT-shared services in primarily public-sector organisations and how they are designed and managed. Our intention is to unite relevant and important insights that are useful to academics and practitioners alike in designing future IT-shared services. We welcome contributions examining the dynamics behind the adoption of shared services. We seek for theoretical contributions as well as empirical findings that reflect on the day-to-day business of shared services centres, how they are controlled and governed at operational, tactical, and strategic levels.

SUGGESTED TOPICS

Contributed papers may deal with, but are not limited to, the following topics:

- Adoption of shared services

- Governance of shared services

- Redefining shared services

- Reflections and experiences from practice (for practitioners' contributions to the minitrack)

- Micro shared services

- Modelling techniques for understanding and designing shared services

- Shared services business models

- Strategic management of shared services

CHAIRS' CONTACT INFORMATION

Frank Ulbrich (corresponding minitrack-chair)

Northumbria University, United Kingdom

Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden

E-mail: frank.ulbrich at northumbria.ac.uk

Mark Borman

University of Sydney, Australia

E-mail: mark.borman at sydney.edu.au

SUBMISSION SITE

http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/amcis2012 <http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/amcis2012>

à  NOW OPEN

IMPORTANT DATES

March 1, 2012    Deadline for paper submissions

April 2, 2012        Authors will be notified of acceptances on or about this date

April 20, 2012     For accepted papers, camera-ready copy due