[AISWorld] A call to history

Andrew Schwarz aschwarz at lsu.edu
Thu Feb 2 18:40:50 EST 2012

Our community has recently begun to reflect upon its' history and where
we are as an academic field started.  We are in a unique historical
point, where many of our founding fathers are still active in the
community and engaged at our conferences.  However, we are also at a
crossroads where our founding fathers are beginning to retire and become
less active in the community.

As the VP of Technology for AIS, we are announcing a new technology
initiative to store the historical documents from our field.  We have
created a repository within the e-library so that we can document our
field for the next generation.

We are interested in gathering a wide range of our material from our
history, including (but not limited to)...

*         Audio files from interviews or lectures given by our founding
fathers

*         Video files from presentations

*         Pictures and videos from early conferences and gatherings

*         Documents, presentations, memos, etc. that document the
perspectives of the early days of the field

This call for historical preservation is open - if you have anything
that you feel the next generation would find valuable to preserving the
history of the field, we want it.  The material does not have to be
electronic - we can work with you to digitize what you have in your
possession.

Contact me directly with any questions, suggestions, or to volunteer
your material.

Finally, if this initiative is of interest to you, contact me to serve
on this important initiative.

As we move forward as a field, the next generation needs to see from
where we have come.  And it is our hope that this is the first step
towards this goal.

Andy

--------------------------------

Dr. Andrew Schwarz
Associate Professor, Information Systems
Milton J. Womack Developing Scholar

Francis M. Coates MBA Professor

Academic Coordinator for Online Graduate Programs (MBA)

Vice President of Technology, Association for Information Systems

Associate Editor, European Journal of Information Systems

Senior Editor, The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems

E. J. Ourso College of Business
Louisiana State University

Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/drandrewschwarz
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/drandrewschwarz>