[AISWorld] FW: Health Information Systems: Searching the Past - Finding a Future. SSIT12 at LSE- corrected URL

M.Cushman at lse.ac.uk M.Cushman at lse.ac.uk
Tue Feb 7 13:34:22 EST 2012

apologies

Mike

Health Information Systems: Searching the Past - Finding a Future

The 12th Social Study of ICT workshop (SSIT12) at LSE

Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Information Systems and Innovation Group will host its twelfth
annual Social Study of ICT (SSIT12) workshop on 18 April 2012.

Health Information Systems are increasingly seen as being at the centre
of the delivery of high quality healthcare and as key to the
modernization or transformation of healthcare organizations. The last
decade has seen many countries introducing initiatives aiming to bring
more ICT into the front line of healthcare as well as promoting it as a
basis for reengineering the back office.  Yet one of  the biggest, most
ambitious initiative of them all, England's National Programme for
Information Technology (NPfIT), has been largely abandoned by a new
government as they adopt a different direction for policy.  Elsewhere,
in Europe and beyond, we see a mixed picture of some progress and
painful or puzzling setbacks. Meanwhile in the USA an even larger
national initiative is in its early stages, committed to achieving
'meaningful use'.

For health information systems this is perhaps a moment of transition,
one where money is tight and strategic ambitions are shifting.

In this one day conference we want to explore two pressing contemporary
issues:

1.	what lessons, both positive and negative, can be learned from
recent experiences with innovative health information systems,

2.	how should we re-shape our future commitment to building health
information systems, and our approaches to researching them?

The event is free, but is restricted to 130 participants. All attendees
must register 23 March 2012. To secure a place please download an
application form

more details, programme and registration

http://is.lse.ac.uk/newsAndEvents/2012events/SSIT12.htm
<http://is.lse.ac.uk/newsAndEvents/2012events/SSIT12.htm>

Mike Cushman [ mailto:m.cushman at lse.ac.uk <mailto:m.cushman at lse.ac.uk> ]
Information Systems and Innovation Group
Department of Management
Houghton Street
London WC2A 2AE

Phone: +44 (0)20 7955 7426 Fax: +44 (0)20 7955 7385
http://is.lse.ac.uk/ <http://is.lse.ac.uk/>