[AISWorld] Invitation to Particpate in Research Study

Herbert Jeffrey Mattord mattord at nova.edu
Tue Mar 13 14:49:14 EDT 2012

Hello. My name is Herb Mattord and I am a Ph.D. student at the Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences at Nova Southeastern University. Currently, I am working on dissertation research titled "Assessment of Web-Based Authentication Methods in the U.S.: Comparing E-Learning Systems to Internet Healthcare Information Systems".

SUMMARY:
1) If you are the system owner or custodial representative of a Web-based E-Learning System (ELS) or a Web-based Electronic Healthcare Records System (EHR), please consider consenting to participate in the study described below.
2) If you know a system owner or custodial representative of a Web-based ELS or EHR, please forward this message to them.
3) If you have contact that might know a system owner or custodial representative of a Web-based ELS or EHR, please forward this message to them.

If this does not apply to you, please pardon my e-mail interruption. I am sending this message by multiple list and social media vehicles, so please excuse my redundant messages.

Herb Mattord, CISM, CISSP
This study seeks to develop a novel benchmarking instrument that can assist Web-based system owners and operators assess the relative performance of the systems authentication methods. I am awaiting final approval of my study methodology by the Nova Southeastern University Institutional Review Board. While waiting, I am making connections and identifying possible participants.

I need your help to find candidate participants for the study. I will need to identify organizations and systems that operate either Web-based E-learning OR Electronic Healthcare Record Management systems. You can help me by identifying candidates.  If you represent or know of an organization that operates such a system, you can help me by identifying them and providing contact information. Ideally, I would like to be introduced to the data owner or custodial representative that can give consent and connect me to the subject matter expert(s) that can answer the technical questions about authentication methods used by the system which are the focus of this study.

While the questions I ask are sensitive in nature, you have my assurance that participants will not ever be directly identified with the data that is recorded. No one will know who has participated in the survey. All sensitive data collected will be handled with the utmost case and  destroyed after transcription and analysis. The consent process should take less than 10 minutes to complete. The data collection process using a telephone interview should take approximately 20 to 30 minutes to complete. Any information provided will only be used as part of this study and all data collection documents will be securely stored until such time as they are securely destroyed.

I am happy to provide, at your request, copies of a letter from my dissertation advisor that validates this is a sanctioned research project as well as copies of the Institutional Review Board approval of my research proposal when it is granted.

If you can help identify candidate participants, please let me know the name, title, phone and email of someone who can help me make contact with a person who can give consent to participate from the organization. All participation is completely voluntary. An agreement to proceed is considered consent to participate in this study. This study is conducted under the oversight of the Nova Southeastern University Institutional Review Board. If you have any questions regarding this study, you may contact me at mattord at nova.edu or by telephoning 770 420 4741.