[AISWorld] Critical Success Factors of Location Based Services -- A Request

Keng Siau ksiau at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Mar 15 16:48:01 EDT 2012

Dear friends and colleagues:

One of my graduate students, Natalie Chin, is collecting data to complete
her master thesis (part of her degree requirements).  I hope you can spare
10 minutes to participate (see below for details).

To participate, please go to the following website:
http://research-mis.com  The study will take less than 10 minutes
(including watching two interesting videos).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Keng
Professor Keng Siau, Ph.D.
Edwin J. Faulkner Professor
CBA 255, Department of Management
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0491.  USA
Phone: 1-402-472-3078     Fax: 1-402-472-5855
Email: ksiau at unl.edu
Website: http://cba.unl.edu/people/ksiau

Study Title: Critical Success Factors of Location Based Services

Dear Madam/Sir,

We need your help to understand the critical success factors of location
based services.  The study will take less than 10 minutes (including
watching two interesting videos).

My name is Natalie Chin, a master’s degree candidate at the Department of
Management, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.  In my thesis research,we aim
to understand the factors that contribute to the success of location based
services.  Location based services is defined as “is an information or
entertainment service, which is accessible with mobile devices through the
mobile network and which uses information on the geographical position of
the mobile device.”

We would like to invite you to participate in an online, asynchronous
brainstorming session to identify the critical success factors of location
based services.  Participation is voluntary and all data collected will be
kept in a secured location at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. The
results of the study may be published or presented at professional
conferences and journals, but the results will only be presented in
aggregated forms.  No individual will be identifiable from the results.

We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have about the
study.You may contact me at natalie.j.chin at gmail.com or my faculty
advisor, Dr. Keng Siau, 402-472-3078, ksiau1 at unl.edu if you have study
related questions or issues. If you have any questions about your rights
as a research participant, you may contact the Institutional Review Board
at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln at 402-472-6965.

Thank you for your kind consideration. We hope you will help us with this
study by completing the questions at the following website
http://research-mis.com

With kind regards,

Natalie Chin
Email: natalie.j.chin at gmail.com