[AISWorld] On Data Center design undergraduate and graduate courses

mmora at securenym.net mmora at securenym.net
Tue Mar 20 16:09:24 EDT 2012

Dear colleagues on ITIL/ITSM themes:
I am planning to submit a book editorial proposal on Design, Operation
and Management of DataCenters: an ITSM Approach.  I have realized that
such materials are missing in core undergraduate and graduate ITC
worldwide curriculum. Most related courses are on ICT networking
or ITIl (managerial view) but not focused on DataCenters (for instance:
how many ITIL or Networking experts know how to calculate space,
electrical and HVAC requirements for a new DataCenter? or know about the
TIA-942 standard, or on PuE &  DCE/DCiE Green Metrics?) Well, I have
taught Graduate courses on ITIL (managerial view) but the technical side
is also required!
so the real problems between ITIL and IT technical people. Interested
academic colleagues, please send me an email, Thanks very much in advance,
Manuel Mora, EngD.
ACM Senior Member
Information Systems Department
Autonomous University of Aguascalientes