[AISWorld] Free textbook on Social Science Research - Updated version available

Bhattacherjee, Anol abhatt at usf.edu
Wed Apr 11 10:26:06 EDT 2012

Last November, I posted my behavioral research textbook titled "Social Science Research: Principles, Methods, and Practices".   I'm glad to say that the book was received very warmly by the community, and exceeded 1000 downloads within the first month, and many more since then. Currently, it is being used in research seminars in universities on all six continents. A Chinese (Mandarin) version of the book will be available next month (May), a Portuguese version in July, and Spanish and Korean versions in August.  If you are teaching a research course, I encourage you to consider using this book as a text or a supplemental reading.

>From the back cover: This book is designed to introduce doctoral and graduate students to the process of scientific research in the social sciences, business, education, public health, and related disciplines. It is a one-stop, comprehensive, and compact source for foundational concepts in behavioral research, and can serve as a stand-alone text or as a supplement to research readings in any course on research methods.
ISBN-13: 978-1475146127

A slightly updated version of the book (second edition), with improved layout and some minor corrections, is now available and can be downloaded at the following sites:

Global Text Project website: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31779972/Social_Science_Research.pdf

USF Open Access Collection: http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/oa_textbooks/3/

A paperback version is also available for less than the cost of printing it at Kinkos:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Social-Science-Research-Principles-Practices/dp/1475146124/

Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/3842922

If you are an academic from a developing country or a student (from any country) and wish to purchase bulk quantities (minimum of 5) for your class, library, or department, please contact me and I can arrange for you to buy it directly from the publisher Createspace at less than the price of a Subway sandwich per copy:-) Of course, the PDF version will always remain free.

If you liked this book or found it useful, please do me a favor by clicking on the Amazon link above, and press the orange "Liked" button next to the title and share the link with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest. I'd also appreciate if you can take a minute to post a comment or write a review of the book (positive or negative) on Amazon.  I'm especially looking forward to reading students' feedback.

I plan to update the book once every year around Spring/Summer (to have it ready for my Fall class). If you wish to receive updates on the book or chat with me about the book, please sign up on Facebook or Twitter - @Anol_B.  Lastly, please share this message with your students, colleagues, and anyone else who may benefit from this book, and post it on other distribution lists.

Best regards,

Anol Bhattacherjee
Professor, Information & Decision Sciences
University of South Florida, CIS 2083
Tampa, FL 33620, USA