[AISWorld] Searching for a textbook on 'Service Science for IT' (part of a taught Master's in Service Oriented Computing

Krassie Petrova krassie.petrova at aut.ac.nz
Sat Apr 21 17:16:04 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues, I am looking for a 'best' textbook to suggest to my class in "Service Science for IT" starting in the winter semester. The course is part of taught Master's degree, ' Master in Service Oriented Computing'  and ' ..presents, discusses and evaluates the fundamentals of services and service science and how service systems in organisations support customer-provider interactions thereby delivering value to stakeholders.  Also covers service modelling, where traditional system modelling approaches are applied and extended to create new service systems and service activities, with an emphasis on service quality." This is a new course, still under development.

I am looking for a book suitable to be used as a prescribed textbook; I would like to offer students a  structured text to use which they will complement with  readings (published research).

I will appreciate suggestions and comments and hope to benefit from the experience of those already engaged in teaching similar courses . I will compile and make available on request a list  of the books  mentioned.

With regards -  Krassie